Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hello & Advice on second plane appreciated

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nigel McKinstrey13/01/2019 11:49:47
3 forum posts

Hi all,>>

Looking forward to being part of the forum community and absorbing the knowledge. I've not been flying that long (6 months) and looking for some advice on my second plane>>

I've been flying a real easy plane with all the SAFE features (HH Cub S+ and DX6 Transmitter) for a while and consider myself progressing more towards an intermediate operator than a beginner. Having said that my brother bought me a new plane this Xmas and I'm looking forward to flying it sometime soon weather permitting!!!!>>

The plane in mention is a Dynam Meteor V2 and looking at it scares me to death!! I'd be extremely grateful if any of you would be able to advise on a recommended receiver setup to ensure my flying experience is as enjoyable as possible and the plane lasts more that 30 seconds.>>

I have a DX6 controller - and to power the 70mm EDF motor a lipo 4s 3000mah battery>>

Many thanks in advance

Bob Cotsford13/01/2019 15:49:19
7828 forum posts
433 photos

Nigel, you won't want to hear this but my recommended receiver setup would be to put it in a low wing sports model such as an Acrowot Foam-E and learn to fly that. Even better, first learn to fly your current model with the SAFE features switched off then progress through something faster like the Acrowot. Joining a club will help as that way you will get a realistic appraisal of your progress and abilities along with guidance from truly experienced flyers.

GrahamWh13/01/2019 16:06:44
356 forum posts
53 photos

Hi Nigel. I agree with Bob. I think learning to fly with no SAFE features would be a good next step. Once you have got that then try in varying conditions until you are able to handle it when it misbehaves without resorting to SAFE stuff. Then on to a low winger. This is a less expensive route! The DX6 transmitter may be all you will need for years. I'm still on my old DX6i and have no need to change it.

Nigel McKinstrey13/01/2019 16:08:27
3 forum posts

Hiya Bob,

Thanks for a quick reply and your comments - I can fly the Cub S+ with SAFE turned off including take off and landing. I just felt that I could utilise the safe features, or similar initially to help me get used to the faster plane.

However taking your comments onboard maybe I should return or sell the plane before it takes the form of a pile of smoking epo with a few wires hanging out of it :@

Thanks

Nigel McKinstrey13/01/2019 16:13:24
3 forum posts

Thanks Graham

All noted - I think a RC club is the way forward for sure.

The plane is still boxed so it should be a problem changing it for something more appropriate.

Best regards

Cuban813/01/2019 16:57:09
2496 forum posts
10 photos

Phew! you've had a real close call.............yes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us