By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

FUTABA S_BUS help needed

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
FlyinBrian30/01/2019 10:52:51
531 forum posts

I have a Futaba T14SG Tx with a R7008 receiever, I want to use SBUS for channels 8,9 and 10

I have an SBD-1 SBUS decoder and SBC-1 SBus channel changer which should allow non SBUS servos to work with the SBUS decoder

Following the instruction with the SBD-1 and SBC-1 I have set the SBD outputs (SX1 SX2 AND SX3 to chs 8, 9 and 10 respectively
I have set the tx to output rudder on ch8 and 9 and elevator on ch10.

However none of the outputs from the SBD-1 work

Now I am relatively new to modern Futaba equipment and it is probably me missing some vital step
Does anyone know where I am going wrong please?

Brian Seymour30/01/2019 11:39:07
153 forum posts
437 photos

Have you put the receiver into mode B (the instructions for this come with the receiver)? Mode B makes channel 8 the SBUS port and leaves channels 1-7 as normal. The R7008 receivers that I have bought were initially in Mode A which is 8 normal channels.

I can't remember whether the SBUS2 port (underneath the servo output pins) works with the decoders, I'll check later unless anyone else can confirm it in the meantime.

FlyinBrian30/01/2019 12:04:44
531 forum posts

Brian

No I have not done that, I did not check the rx instructions.blush

Thank you so much, I will try it now.

Brian Seymour31/01/2019 09:13:45
153 forum posts
437 photos

You're not the only, my poor little receiver got an hour or so of verbal until I realised!

I tried the SBUS2 port and the decoder seems to work fine in that as well, I use the FrSky decoders but I can't see why the Futaba one would be different. I'm not sure whether using the SBUS2 port for SBUS devices is good practise so I only use the SBUS2 port for telemetry devices.

FlyinBrian31/01/2019 11:01:05
531 forum posts

Hello again Brian - SORTED! thank you.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us