Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Elan 100 Build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sussex Pete26/10/2019 09:12:56
30 forum posts
19 photos

Andy, Martyn-- Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm certainly putting an F3-Res glider on my to-do list (bit of a kits backlog to get through first 8-) and I'll mention this thread at the East Sussex Soaring Association AGM to see who else can be tempted towards F3-RES. We all fly slope but many of us also fly off bungees for fun. Could be opportune for a bit more club-level competition at least! Cheers --Pete

Martyn K26/10/2019 18:48:57
5087 forum posts
3681 photos

Hi Pete

Yes please do. The more we get, the more options we have when we start running prop comps

Best wishes

Martyn

Sussex Pete04/02/2020 10:58:22
30 forum posts
19 photos

Quick update: My own RES-Eagle build is well under way - wing about done and should be ready to fly this month.

20200202_165153.jpg

A fellow ESSA club member is ahead of me and we will be entering the 2020 BARCS postal as soon as we can get them finished and airborne (from a flat field, not the South Downs!). Rumours of a "proper" F3-RES comp this year on BARCS sound good - hope to see you at one!

Nightflyer04/02/2020 13:01:53
207 forum posts

Really interested in the comments about the Elan during the build and 100S competition. I like a number of others on here am disappointed how competitions are now spoilt bi the hi-tech approaches.

I have a Balsa Cabin Ravello that I built some years a go now that I still enjoy flying, and while some of the more modern designs and materials used make for good performing gliders they are not as much fun. Perhaps that discourages others from having a go?

Or maybe I am getting old lol.

David Ashby - Moderator11/07/2020 07:17:03
11034 forum posts
1723 photos
617 articles

I've flown my Elan some more this season, always from a slope on thermal days with some very long and relaxing flights the result. Here on the South Downs a few weeks ago.

img_2790.jpeg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!