Forum sponsored by CML

Wing servo connections

Advice or suggestions please

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phil B10/02/2019 00:14:32
85 forum posts
97 photos
I have a 2 m glider with centre section and 2 wing tips which have the ailerons and are unplugged for transport. I want to wire the servos to plugs and sockets that mate when the wing tips are plugged in. I am considering 6 pin multiplex plugs but not sure if my wing tip root ribs are thick enough to contain them. Any other suggestions for suitable plugs and sockets?
Former Member10/02/2019 06:40:52

[This posting has been removed]

Phil B10/02/2019 15:00:42
85 forum posts
97 photos
Thank you for your experience Ikura, I have decided to follow your advice and stick with normal plugs. I have found a cf tube that exactly allows the female socket to slide inside when the wings join.
Former Member10/02/2019 15:14:37

[This posting has been removed]

Dodger10/02/2019 15:40:19
3 forum posts

Mick Reeves Models sell a servo plug holder kit that I have used on occasion that holds the female half of the plug. It's illustrated about half way down this page they may be of interest to you.

Tom Satinet11/02/2019 10:21:10
516 forum posts

4 pin deans connector

Alan Gorham_11/02/2019 10:50:22
799 forum posts
92 photos

If your wing roots are too thin to hold a "pluggable" connector then you could consider Ashlok or Maxlok type connectors available in 1, 2 3 or 4 way versions here:

**LINK**

or here:

**LINK**

Phil B12/02/2019 16:46:48
85 forum posts
97 photos
Hmm interesting ideas thanks. I'll keep these in mind for the next project. I can't find 4 pin deans in this country. Any ideas for a supplier?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us