By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

UK supplier of balsa in METRIC thicknesses?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Stainforth11/02/2019 10:01:52
292 forum posts
38 photos

I think there are two issues here - the convention to which the wood is cut, and then the tolerance of the cutting.

Jonathan M11/02/2019 10:29:25
667 forum posts
275 photos

All good advice, thx. (I did previously enquire about attitude-reassignment procedures but the NHS is a bit stretched at present and going private would wipe out my lifetime budget for the hobby!) In the meantime...

- Mantua carry all the usual metric thicknesses (in 1000mm lengths I need for each wing) but it'd be a three hour round-trip to go in and select for density.

- SLEC machine all their own balsa and can cut to an emailed materials list - will see what this costs compared to buying stock Imperial sheets etc.

Will be doing a separate build-blog in due course. The model is a Quark 2m slow-aerobatic soarer.

Got the last one: **LINK**

Prototype here: **LINK**

Edited By Jonathan M on 11/02/2019 10:33:14

Tom Sharp 212/02/2019 00:52:00
3382 forum posts
17 photos

It would seem to me, that in the mini world we work in, it should be Metric Thiness not Metric Thickness.  cool

Edited By Tom Sharp 2 on 12/02/2019 00:59:36

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us