By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

HobbyKing Why did I order from HobbyKing?????

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rocker25/02/2019 18:46:40
341 forum posts

Never been a great fan of HobbyKing but thought I would just try them once more to see if their service has improved Oh boy was that a mistake !!!!!!!! Order some lipo from the UK warehouse ,told that the order would be dispatched that day and it would take 2 to 3 days delivery .Here we are 5 days on they still have not been dispatched even though the are marked has in stock .Contacted HobbyKing to find out what is happening to my order .Told there was problem with dangerous goods being dispatched .When I asked when they would be dispatched HobbyKing would not say I said OK cancel the order then but they refused to cancel the order or refund my money What a shower ,never again .It is now in the hands of Pay Pal (to me it is obvious they are not in stock and they are playing for time !!!!!!!!!!!!)

kevin b25/02/2019 19:05:23
1670 forum posts
134 photos

In answer to your original question.

Cheap.

brokenenglish25/02/2019 19:15:49
464 forum posts
29 photos

Probably down to individuals/personnel.
I've only ever had excellent service from HK Europe for the last 6 or 7 years.

PatMc25/02/2019 19:27:54
4223 forum posts
521 photos

Been using HK since before they were called Hobbyking & when they only had one warehouse - never had any problems. Always had fast delivery times from UK warehouse & reliable but (understandably) slower from EU & HK.

Geoff Sleath25/02/2019 19:40:15
3436 forum posts
302 photos

I've used them for lots of things, especially LiPos and never had a problem. Very fast delivery usually but, as Pat says, a lot slower from the China warehouse. Not much difference between UK and EU speed of service but the EU one is slightly slower but often cheaper carriage.

Geoff

Rocker25/02/2019 22:33:12
341 forum posts

Good luck to you all I will never use them again .There are plenty more places to buy lipo from with a better attitude ( this was from the UK warehouse )

Edited By Rocker on 25/02/2019 22:34:03

Ron Gray25/02/2019 22:42:35
1488 forum posts
363 photos

Ordered 4 5s 5000 LiPos from them last night, received dispatch notification lunchtime today, due for delivery tomorrow. Plus got 20% off!

Robert Putley 126/02/2019 05:36:03
185 forum posts

I must have been using Hobbyking for at least eight years. Many many dozens of orders dring that period, with faultless service.

With the exception of the new website, which is very clunky to say the least, I have nothing but praise for HobbyKing.

Peter Miller26/02/2019 08:49:54
10271 forum posts
1226 photos
10 articles

I have bought quite a few orders for lipos. They all arrived within a couple of days so it can't be because they were batteries. Also quite a lot of other stuff. next day or two days max.

I even made a mistake and ordered servos from the Hong Kong warehouse. They were dispatched at once and arrived the next day. Mind you, I did goof on the carriage and they ended up costing about four time as much but that was MY stupidity

Geoff Parkes26/02/2019 08:51:58
106 forum posts

I can only second what the majority of the above are saying, been using H.K. for years, in the past they have had a reputation of being awkward when returning goods, but I think they have listened to the customers and are more tolerant on "faulty " goods being returned,In all my dealings with H.K. I have only had one problem , it was a faulty speedo I returned it to the U.K. branch and had it replaced in less than 7 days.Regarding speed of service usually within 48 hours for U.K. branch and say 72 hours for the E.U. branch, if ordered from the international branch if via Singapore airlines it will take about 14 days, but be prepared for stiff additional charges for inport duty, VAT and a charge from the good old post office for the delivery.

ken anderson.26/02/2019 09:06:28
8454 forum posts
773 photos

I ordered a couple of batts last week on tues,delivered on Thursday...no problem...up to now I've had no hassle with any orders.

ken anderson...ne.....1..... no hassle dept.

Piers Bowlan26/02/2019 09:07:35
1891 forum posts
49 photos

I have made at least a hundred orders with Hobbyking from the UK, EU, and Global warehouse since they started trading. Items have always been in stock and dispatched without delay. They have always been as described and arrived intact, thanks to proper packaging. I don't this this luck. This is more than I can say for one or two UK companies - that are no longer trading! I wonder why? Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic UK companies out there that I use. SLEC, DB Sport and Scale, Just Engines, SMC, to name a few.

I am sorry that Rocker has has bad experiences with both of his purchasing experiences with HK, very odd. If he clicks on Llive Chat I am sure all will be resolved. 'Playing for time' no Rocker, their operation is too big to play games if it is not in stock they will tell you.

I hasten to add that I am not connected with HK other than being a satisfied customer.

Cuban826/02/2019 09:34:05
2769 forum posts
13 photos

I can only speak as I find, and as far as my HK experience goes since they started up I'd give them an overall score of 8/10. I don't spend quite so much on the hobby as I used to at the moment, but a few years ago, I was putting a couple of hundred quid's worth of business annually their way, and apart from a few minor issues have been very satisfied with them and their products.

Last year I had a problem with a servoless retract that had obviously been damaged in storage (servo lead partially cut, probably trapped in a drawer) and I was immediately refunded the full cost in the way of a store credit, which I was happy with, after dropping them an email and raising a ticket. I still have the $10 sitting on my account and will use it shortly. 10 minute job to replace the damaged lead, so no big problem.

Shame about Rocker's experience, seems a very odd situation, but it is what it is, and I can offer no explanation as to what's happened or advice, other than to follow their claims procedure to the letter and keep cool.

Edited By Cuban8 on 26/02/2019 09:41:41

Howard Winwood26/02/2019 09:38:57
10 forum posts

if youy don't like Hobbyking then don't use them, your the customer, you choose where to shop, just don't try denegrating them because of one bad situation, there are lots of satisfied customers on this forum including me.

you pays your money and makes your choice, as they say

Tim Flyer26/02/2019 09:39:29
1078 forum posts
210 photos

Shame he had a bad experience. They have been good when I order too. Any batteries I have bought from them (life/LiPo) have been fine . My only criticism is their cumbersome website. I have used them quite a bit for retracts as they seem to be the only suppliers with a decent range of oleos etc .

Cuban826/02/2019 09:49:20
2769 forum posts
13 photos

You're right about their website, Tim. It might look glossy, but it's nowhere near as good as what they had - it does work after a fashion, and some bits are easier to find than others, but for those without a lot of patience it might drive you nuts. Was after some oleos from them but most were out of stock when I last looked.

Former Member26/02/2019 10:54:59
724 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Nigel R26/02/2019 11:03:15
3109 forum posts
479 photos

I can only add to the above experiences. I have made lots of orders, with no problems.

What size/brand lipo is the offending article?

Jason-I26/02/2019 12:02:19
263 forum posts
37 photos

I have placed hundreds of HK orders. Their prices are good, and delivery is usually fast.

On a few occasions things have gone wrong, and I've had to contact customer services - which is a bit like a (un)lucky dip!

I have had a couple of good experiences with customer services, but mostly, customer services are less than useless. Sometimes they are polite, other times they are rude and obnoxious.

On one occasion (last year), when a parcel did not arrive, their customer service agent called me a liar (Jeremey, you know who you are). He refused to connect me to a supervisor, he refused to give me contact details for any other person or department and ultimately cut me off (several times). My parcel eventually arrived after I spent the morning on the phone to parcelfarce and a helpful manager there tracked my parcel down to a warehouse at the wrong end of the country. (paid for next day delivery, and the parcel eventually arrived 20 days later).

I stopped using them for a while after that, but the lure of cheap prices and desirable prices tempted me back.....

Jason-I26/02/2019 12:20:20
263 forum posts
37 photos

Forgot to mention, when us folk in the UK do an online chat with HK customer service, we typically get connected to their cs department based in the Philippines. Unfortunately, they have no direct contact with the UK warehouse, so cannot give you any real time or correct information about what issues may be occuring in the UK. All they can tell you is what you can see yourself when you log into your HK account - hence the reason they often cannot be much help - for example, they can only give default scripted responses about why goods have not left the UK warehouse etc.

If they told the original poster there was a problem with dangerous goods being dispatched, then this would likely have just been pure speculation on their behalf.

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us