Forum sponsored by CML

Low pass Petes Mass Build thread - Renaissance

Mass Build 2019 - Low pass Pete

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Low pass Pete14/03/2019 17:26:50
194 forum posts
118 photos

I have deviated a bit on the Undercarrige. I have some old used Legs from an ARTF (demised Seagull Edge 540) so have decided to rework these.

Paint has been stripped away and bend altered in line with the plan and then a second bend. Yet to finish these and I have not yet decided to repaint or not. I will not be adding the extra spreader bar as per plan as they do not need it.

img_6380.jpg

Chris Walby14/03/2019 22:03:37
843 forum posts
194 photos

LPP, I was thinking along the same line as you and will probably go with another post suggestion of a spacer plate and nylon screws so as to avoid fuselage damage in the event of a poor landing.

Low pass Pete15/03/2019 17:21:57
194 forum posts
118 photos

Todays progress. Sorting the throttle link and servo. I have mounted the servo on a removable plate. No real issues.

img_6390.jpg

img_6391.jpg

I have decided to make top hatch as per plan. Dubro 10oz tank is a nice fit with room for a battery if required.

img_6393.jpg

Low pass Pete15/03/2019 17:25:03
194 forum posts
118 photos

One of my pilots (actually destined for a Tiger Moth) checking out the cockpit for size. The seat back rest from an old Warbird will possibly be rehomed in Renaissance.

img_6392.jpg

Paul C.15/03/2019 21:46:40
546 forum posts
123 photos

Hi Pete, noticed you used one of the swivel fittings on the throttle servo. I used the type with a bolt through the fitting that attaches to the servo that let's the assembly swivel easily. Problem I had was that the bolt head wore through the housing and I lost control of the throttle, on the up side I found that I had 18 min run time on a full tank. Not easy to check for wear in that area, but I do use the throttle a lot when I fly, worth keeping an eye open for wear on the fitting.

Great build blog 👍

20180821_142622.jpg

tony oneill 116/03/2019 08:06:32
41 forum posts
32 photos

Hi pete, nice work. Can i ask the scale of the pilot? I thought about 1/8th possibly.

Low pass Pete16/03/2019 09:26:13
194 forum posts
118 photos

I think he is 1/8. He came from DB Sport and Scale (unpainted) and I added a bit more lower body so he is taller than supplied. He is destined for a DB Sport and Scale 58in Tiger Moth (if I ever finish it) so I may well source another pilot for Renaissance.

Cheers

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
CML
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us