Chris Mass Build thread - Renaissance

2019 Mass Build - Renaissance

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Harris05/05/2019 10:10:34
8728 forum posts
214 photos
Posted by Martin Harris on 04/05/2019 22:50:42:

Not being familiar with the model, the picture doesn't make much sense to me - any chance of a photo from a different angle?

After a night's sleep it all looks clearer. Yes, I'd agree with Nigel.

Steven Shaw05/05/2019 13:27:22
311 forum posts
165 photos

The wing tip on my Wiggo build didn't turn out to well until I added a small tapered rib near the leading edge. There was already one near the trailing edge. I wouldn't hesitate to add an extra rib or two.

This is how it initially looked:

wc 001.jpg

Then I added an extra rib

wc 003.jpg

It looks much better now

wc 004.jpg

Edited By Steven Shaw on 05/05/2019 13:27:52

Chris Walby01/07/2019 22:08:02
952 forum posts
228 photos

Advice please as this covering thing is driving me a bit nuts! Watched the Solarfilm video and have had three more goes without success!

20190701_214754.jpg

So looks like I need to add say three more ribs or should I just make a TE & LE block?

Or shall I just make the tip out of solid!

What's the best way of getting the old HK film glue off the balsa as everything is just getting too sticky!

PS am I right in covering the wing tip first and then the wing after that...

PPS and advice on the fuselage apart from bottom then sides and finish with top (as such)?

Chris Walby02/07/2019 07:46:10
952 forum posts
228 photos

Any advice...

Chris Walby28/07/2019 19:02:56
952 forum posts
228 photos

My pilot is requesting control throws, while I get on with the finishing touches?

gruffalo control checks.jpg

Have I missed something as I can't see them on the plans,

He has the option of low medium and high rates and doesn't mind expo.

Plus any ideas as to how to make the wind screen for him (material & how to fit it) cheers

tony oneill 128/07/2019 22:09:51
69 forum posts
49 photos

Hi Chris, on mine i have about 25mm rudder and elevator but have not measured it. The aelerons are a lot less about 15 mm. The windscreen was cut from a shirt box which is a thin plastic like really thin perspex. I played about with a paper template first then cut the plastic. To fix it i put small screws through the sides then shaped where it touches the fuselage with 3 small screws at an angle and just clipped the plastic behind them.

GrumpyGnome30/07/2019 10:49:32
505 forum posts
145 photos

Hi Chris

Yes, I do all 'odd' bits like wingtips first.

Yes, I do fuselage bottom, then sides, then top. All after odd bits like around control rod exits...

Mind you, im not going to be entering any Concors events with any of mine so others may have better advice

GG

Chris Walby31/07/2019 20:32:09
952 forum posts
228 photos

Update time laugh as I needed some fresh air and certain things are easier at the field!

My set up is 4S5000 and that gets me very close to C of G so looking good as my other option was 4S3300 which I have spare lipos although it would have given me shorter flight times.

Weight came out at just over 2.5 Kg and running a 12 x 6 prop pulls 45A and 665W. Power to weight looks like 266 W/Kg or 121 W/lb so I should be pottering around at half throttle with luck.

Thanks Tony for the screen advice, worked a treat although my sheet seems very thin so it might not last too long. I'll just keep a lookout for something more suitable.

I think many people won't like it, but if it flies well and the Scouts get a laugh, I'll be happy + I need the practice (and a lot more needed) to try out different techniques all be it rather poorly executed

20190729_185437.jpg

PS - Photo pre screen and battery cover

Just need to sort throws, do failsafe, range check, get it checked over and it will be ready to go!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us