Forum sponsored by CML

Buddie's build thread

Renaissance build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Mullan10/03/2019 00:45:31
7 forum posts
1 photos

HI - I'm a complete novice builder and every step is posing problems. Hopefully with this forum and my mate's help I'll be able to answer most of them. At least if it gets to the flying stage and crashes I'll be able to wonder if it was the builder's fault or the pilot's (even though they're likely to be one and the same.)

Chris Bott - Moderator10/03/2019 08:35:20
6619 forum posts
1373 photos
1 articles

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum and to the mass build.

Ramblin gruntfuttock10/03/2019 09:22:07
29 forum posts
16 photos

Hi Peter, I'm a total novice too. The guys on here are really helpful. I guess for us both it's about just asking, without that we won't learn. Enjoy it

Jim

Low pass Pete10/03/2019 21:17:05
205 forum posts
118 photos

Hi Peter, welcome to the Mass Build. This is my third one and have been building over a number of years. Golden rule, Measure twice Cut once!!! Hope u enjoy the build. It is far more rewarding than assembling an ARTF model.

What power do you think that you will use?  I will be fitting an OS62 4 stroke.

Best regards

Peter (Low Pass Pete)

Edited By Low pass Pete on 10/03/2019 21:41:30

Peter Mullan14/03/2019 20:21:13
7 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks for the welcomes.

My intention is to use electric power - same motor and setup as Tony. My current models are all electric - for a klutz like me it is probably the safest option.

I'm currently building the fuse - and repairing it as I go along as I find I'm breaking things though inexperience. I am determined to get less scared of it - it will either fly or it won't (or maybe only fly once, briefly!) but I think the experience will stand me in good stead going forward.

When I discover how to get photos onto the thread I'll post a couple showing (any) progress. At the moment it seems to be one step forward and two back.

Low pass Pete16/03/2019 06:14:43
205 forum posts
118 photos

Ref how to load Photos.

1. Click on Albums on same bar as Forum

2. Click on add Photos

3. Create an Album. This will be where you put all your own photos

4. Now open your as yet blank Album

5. Click Edit photos and the add new photos

6 Select your photos to upload.

Think I got the sequence right. It is easier to do than write about. What I do is to put my photos in one folder on my laptop then load them to the album from there. The process is a bit clunky and I have not found yet how to load directly from a phone as you can if using Facebook.

When adding a photo to a blog click on the camera item and select your album from the list shown. You can have many albums by the way. Then select the specific photo you want to insert in your blog

Cheers hope that helps a bit. smiley

Peter

tony oneill 116/03/2019 08:15:00
68 forum posts
49 photos

To load from the phone is the same. Find the folder on the phone where the pictures are stored then browse to it from the upload photos section of the album(android phone) the pictures have to be jpg to upload but there are free converters in the app store.

ken anderson.16/03/2019 10:26:14
8395 forum posts
772 photos

welcome peter from me...we all started off and didn't have a clue what was what...… ask as many Q's as you want.....you will get answers.....Enjoy.

ken anderson...ne..1...welcome dept.

Peter Mullan06/04/2019 12:53:51
7 forum posts
1 photos

img_0229.jpgFinally, I think I might be able to upload a photo. No cladding as yet, to either the fuse or the wing. Next step is the other half of the wing.

Percy Verance06/04/2019 13:33:30
7935 forum posts
152 photos

Peter. I'll offer a bit of friendly advice if I may, based purely on the photo you've posted. It's infinately preferable not to remove a partially constructed wing from the building board until you get any sheeting glued on. This goes quite a way to preventing warps from developing in the structure. And trust me Peter, unintentional warps in your wings you do not want! That said, some wings do have warping intentionally built in, but that's for some other time. I see you have the webbing glued to the wing spars between the ribs. This also helps to stiffen the wing structure, but do get it pinned to the board again and glue the sheeting on..... yes

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Edited By Percy Verance on 06/04/2019 13:34:29

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us