By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lidl Bandsaw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dai Fledermaus10/03/2019 12:05:00
1070 forum posts
55 photos

From Sunday 17 the, Lidl have nice Parkside Bandsaw for £89.99.

Obviously not for professional use, but perfectly alright for your average modeller I say. If it's anything like the quality of the Parkside jig saw I bought a few years ago ( made by Scheppach by the way ) it should be very good.

Former Member10/03/2019 12:14:50
8090 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Julian Murch11/03/2019 15:47:42
73 forum posts
4 photos

Aldi after sales is good too. I had a 24volt drill where the chuck jammed and I could not change speed. Single phone call and I was sent a post paid addressed label by email. Packed it up and took it to the post office. Within 10 days I had a new drill. Same thing with a floor steam mop recently.

I have several Aldi tools including a sliding mitre saw, angle grinder, router with table and a chunky mains sds drill/breaker and have found them reliable and inexpensive. I usually cost the tool into any project in hand and that way have built up quite a workshop. All a bit too large for modelling of course.

PatMc19/03/2019 23:25:25
4489 forum posts
548 photos

Picked up a Lidl bandsaw today, haven't opened the box & assembled it yet. Will be selling my Burgess 3 wheeler with spare blades & various extras in the near future.

I'd already called in at Aldi & bought a cordless electric screwdriver, Lidl had exactly the same item with the same interchangeable heads but in a different case for the same price - £19.99.

Whilst at Aldi (Blyth, Northumberland) I noticed they had several of their scroll saws for sale (I think they were at £49.99) but I didn't pay too much notice of them as I already have a decent scroll saw.

Doc Marten20/03/2019 10:27:24
1018 forum posts
19 photos

Aldi are doing digital verniers for £7.99, I've had a set of theirs for over 5 years and only had to change the battery recently, outstanding VFM with the warranty.

Lidl are also advertising their cordless butane solder iron.

Edited By Doc Marten on 20/03/2019 10:28:50

Geoff Peacock20/03/2019 17:35:15
215 forum posts
69 photos

I got an Aldi suction vice with fully rotating jaws a couple of weeks ago - just £5-99. Three days later at an exhibition, I found exactly the same vice (with a different badge on) on one of the large tool suppliers trade stand - £17-99!

Who's having who on?

Gordon Nicol21/03/2019 20:21:59
81 forum posts

best thing in my workroom is the disc sander from Lidl , use it for everything if you use the guides , use a 90 degree square to set it to the sanding face same to set the vertical

£30 well spent...switch broke on the first one after about 10 months , lidl had it picked up by courier and a new one was delivered from Germany after 8 days

excellent service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!