Watts Inside feature April 2019

Small quad - Harrier look alike...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Hickey11/03/2019 11:03:46
53 forum posts
1 photos

Hi,

Having read through John Stennard's excellent feature article on converting a small indoor quad to look like a Harrier or F-35, I must admit to wanting to have a go.

I usually fly RC fixed wing so these small drones are all new to me.

The base drone mentioned in the article is a B-03 pro from Boldclash.com.

Does anyone know of a similar (suitable) small drone that is available from the UK. Not bothered about FPV. I have looked online and there seem to be hundreds of types but not all have the fan shrouds mentioned in the article.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Doc Marten11/03/2019 22:20:52
321 forum posts
2 photos

A different design but the same price as the B-03:

https://www.menkind.co.uk/mini-quad-v2?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjpjkBRDRARIsAKv-0O0ta6oud2rCgb2k3cFiUn94gVotNWgDVb8rCDbWrLEM20U7aKtbgXQaAqrdEALw_wcB

Jon Robb12/03/2019 09:06:12
30 forum posts
2 photos

As a member of our club, John presented a talk on Monday about the history of VTOL. From WW2 to the present day, culminating in him flying a few of these designs around the room. Many of the club members were surprised just how well the models flew. I shall be seeing him Friday so if you would like any more information let me know. They are good fun and a simple build.

Tim Hickey12/03/2019 12:00:10
53 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks for the replies gents.

Doc,

the drone you pointed to at Menkind looks good but doesn't have the fan shrouds. The shrouds look like a mini EDF unit.

Jon,

I was wondering if another type of drone would be suitable as the one mentioned on John's article does not seem to be available to order from a UK supplier. Having done some more research I have ordered the following..(link)

**LINK**

Perhaps you could ask John if this would be suitable. I have a few ideas for different types of aircraft to model, some real , some sci-fi.

Thanks again.

Tim

Jon Robb15/03/2019 21:40:06
30 forum posts
2 photos

Speaking to John tonight he said the drone you have purchased will work perfectly. He is also working on a part two of the article so keep an eye out for that. He would like to see your take on the idea once it's finished.

Tim Hickey18/03/2019 10:08:17
53 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Jon.

Looking forward to part two of the article and will drop a message and some pics on this thread when I have come up with something that looks the part.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us