Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Acrowot Foam -E thrustline

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Charles Suthrland15/03/2019 15:47:56
7 forum posts
1 photos

I have crashed my Acrowot Foam e for the second time again crunching the nose but this time the replaced motor shaft seems to have survived. However I am revisiting the motor mount in the process of repair. It has an odd bent-looking appearance as seen from below in the photo. However the left arm of the mount measures 60mm from flange to front face while the right is 57-58mm. Also the angle of the flanges is near enough 90 degrees which leads me to suspect that the mount was made that way to provide a few degrees of right sidethrust. Obviously  the foam took the impact and I suspect that the plywood mounting plate would have splintered before there was enough impact force to bend the mount anyway. Has anyone examined their own Acrowot motor mount and able to reassure me that it is meant to look like this?

motormount.jpg

Edited By Charles Suthrland on 15/03/2019 15:50:13

Edited By Charles Suthrland on 15/03/2019 15:51:30

Glenn Stevenson15/03/2019 16:13:47
25 forum posts

Hi, I have just looked at mine and the vertical arms in the pic are straight on my motor mount and at 90 degrees to the plywood.

The mount is longer on one side to give a few degrees of right thrust angle.

Glenn

Colin Carpenter15/03/2019 16:46:18
546 forum posts
35 photos

Agreed ! Watch when you replace the wood in the foam as it compresses over time and thrust line changes and it feels like radio failure ! Mine eventually went in about 290 flights in despite reglueing ! Colin

Charles Suthrland17/03/2019 14:32:46
7 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks both I straightened out the mount and re-glued it in but due to some internal foam distortion or something I ended up with a silly amount of right thrust which I have reduced by shimming the motor with washers. Hopefully the thing will fly again. For a bit.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us