Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Mustang i.d.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Bertram20/03/2019 18:02:17
272 forum posts
27 photos

p3200004.jpgp3200003.jpgRescued this Mustang from being thrown in the bin yesterday. It is 43" span and 37" long. The wings are foam veneered. It was electric prior to a slight accident but I have to remove the engine/tank etc and return it. Anyone have an idea as to which kit and possibly the CoG?   Can't seem to get the photos below the writing!!!

Cheers

Bobp3200002.jpg

Edited By Bob Bertram on 20/03/2019 18:04:58

Bill MacMillan21/03/2019 10:04:39
3 forum posts

Hi Bob,

Looks like a Cambria Mustang Fun Fighter, original ones were poular with an OS 25FSR for power.

GoG is 70mm rearward from back of the former that the wing mount bolt is attached to, 72mm forward of the face of the former at the wing rear.

Hope this helps.

Alan Gorham_21/03/2019 10:24:20
800 forum posts
92 photos

Definitely not a Cambria or Cambrian model, they both had strip ailerons, not the inset type shown in the photos, plus they both had built up balsa cowl, not the moulded type fitted in the photos.

Bob Bertram21/03/2019 22:49:39
272 forum posts
27 photos

Thanks Bill and Alan. Searching the net, I'm leaning towards the funfighters.co.uk version of the Cambria Mustang. It has the inset ailerons but the cowlings do seem to be built up with balsa on their models although the fibreglass one on this model could be home made.

Cheers, Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us