An intruder on our strip

Full size lands on our strip

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Miller29/03/2019 10:51:43
10511 forum posts
1246 photos
10 articles

We have a nice mown strip about 100 yards square in the middle of a field. On Tuesday one of our members was walking his dog on a nearby cart track when he saw an aircraft land, turn round and take off again.

Based on his description I suspect that it was a Eurofox microlight. Unfortunately he did not get the resgistration.

The fact that the aircraft did not stop indicates that there was no problem with it.

I can see the strip from my bedroom window and can take good photos with a very long lens. I shall be watching a bit more often now.helicopter+012.jpg

This Apache was hovering overc our box, taken from my bedroom window. This is full frame, no cropping.

Brian Cooper29/03/2019 11:22:34
473 forum posts
20 photos

When I am in Spain (more often these days) I fly from a model club's site as a guest. VERY often, microlight aircraft fly past at low level and give us a wave... some even do touch-and-goes on the runway. . Nobody knows where they come from or where they go to afterwards. . It is all a part of the way of life over there and nobody seems to mind.

B.C.

John Lee29/03/2019 11:59:08
686 forum posts
52 photos

We have a good relationship with our local Police Helicopter & they occasionally use our strip to practice night landings in a 'dark hole' environment.

Peter Miller29/03/2019 12:04:32
10511 forum posts
1246 photos
10 articles

The Apaches are always around. We never have a problem with them. We have even been told that they use our box as a "tank"

Our slight worry is that if people see the microlight too often they might think our field was being used for that.

Hopefully this was a one off.

Peter Christy29/03/2019 12:53:17
1668 forum posts

A couple of years back I was putting up the electric fence around our hill-top patch after a days flying, the other members having just left. There had been a light aircraft (not a micro-light) buzzing round for a while, but as I put the last post up, I realised he was heading straight for our patch on a landing approach!!!

I waved furiously, as the fence would probably have caused considerable damage had he landed, but since I couldn't see the pilot, I assumed he couldn't see me! I legged it off the patch PDQ!

Anyway, at the last minute he veered off to wards the next field - downhill of us - and for a brief moment I found myself looking straight across at the pilot in the cockpit! He appeared unconcerned, but opened up and flew off.

I assume he was just practicing emergency landings, but I have no idea if he saw me or the fence! I was almost looking down at him as he flew by, only about 100 yards away! It all seemed to happen so quickly, I didn't even get his registration!

Not seen him since, though!

--

Pete

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us