By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Please answer the following two questions if you can.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Davis14/04/2019 07:37:04
3298 forum posts
563 photos
Posted by Paul Marsh on 13/04/2019 16:24:39:

" I have around 580 models, think there are 4 that need repairing or finishing off..."

I think that Paul was using hyperbole, a deliberate exaggeration to express effect, e.g, "I could eat a horse between two mattresses!"

If he does have "around 580 models," I for one, would be interested in finding out what they all were and where he stores them!

Gordon Nicol14/04/2019 09:12:27
80 forum posts

Yes , it's because we are builders at heart as said,

I have a skyvan ready but unflown , a few foamies ready to go, couple of new ones in the boxes , a foamy Goliath sitting on the bench new fwing cut and nacelles fitted .... so why have I just bought a pack of cut ribs and formers from C gulltech for a KK Invader, the plan of which is now pinned to the board and covered with parchment paper ready to start

wife actually suggested I sell some of them laugh

Nigel R15/04/2019 10:11:51
2752 forum posts
453 photos

Can't answer your questions DD, sorry.

For myself, I'm with Tim, I can't multi task very well. When I do, it doesn't work very well, and the 'proper' project just gets shelved for a while.

I do say that in the full knowledge that I've cobbled together a few foamies whilst having an ongoing 'proper' project. But as to starting a big thing whilst another big thing is on the go, no, that doesn't work for me. Get first one done first.

As for hoarding, I have no unstarted kits, no stack of wood (beyond what the current build needs), only one or two plans, and a 'fleet' of only four proper models (plus a few foamie flying wings) - I don't like hangar queens. Whilst I like building, these things are for flying, and if they aren't flown, then perhaps I built the wrong thing.

I'll admit I do have an old chest of drawers full of stuff which probably needs sorting out and half of it throwing away or selling. Time is precious though and I'm not about to do that in the very near future.

i12fly15/04/2019 11:28:26
532 forum posts
21 photos

I like to build not don't like to finish, so I have to work to the discipline of finish it before starting new. It slows my build rate but then again it is probably a good thing as lack of space means it has to be one in/ one out, with only space for 7 models max.

It means I have to curb my urges to build. When I'm about 3/4 through a build I feel really enthusiastic about building something new, something different and do some research, sometimes buying parts like plans, motors and esc and feeling frustrated I cannot start - but strangely when I've finished the ongoing project I find I've lost interest in the new one and not sure what to build next.

I appreciate this is no help to you David, although I would certainly ditch the extensive repair lobs after salvaging as much as possible for new projects.

I thought that writing this would help me understand why I'm a 'frustrated builder'. But it hasn't.

Gary Manuel15/04/2019 18:09:15
1832 forum posts
1507 photos
Posted by David Davis on 14/04/2019 07:37:04:
Posted by Paul Marsh on 13/04/2019 16:24:39:

" I have around 580 models, think there are 4 that need repairing or finishing off..."

I think that Paul was using hyperbole, a deliberate exaggeration to express effect, e.g, "I could eat a horse between two mattresses!"

If he does have "around 580 models," I for one, would be interested in finding out what they all were and where he stores them!

Definitely not hyperbole or exaggeration!

I've seen him unloading his gear at our open days. It amazes me how he gets the horse into his caravan wink

Paul Marsh15/04/2019 19:09:11
3606 forum posts
1007 photos

Anyone who knows me I'm not exaggerating... Hopefully make 600 by the end of this year...cheeky

My models are in "my Album folder". Check it out. tried to upload a list here, but the website craashed!

Edited By Paul Marsh on 15/04/2019 19:10:33

Don Fry15/04/2019 19:33:49
3487 forum posts
40 photos

That's a lot of servos.

Martin Harris15/04/2019 19:54:05
8487 forum posts
212 photos

Do they all have batteries Paul - if so, maintenance must be quite a commitment!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us