Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

GWS CARGOTRANS

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
DIGGER15/04/2019 11:33:51
125 forum posts
4 photos

Has anyone still got an old build manual for said model, may have nacelles , does anyone have the original motors, ( working ) anything. Going to modify the banggood C-160 Transall into a C-130. See thread on this.

Chris

Alan Gorham_15/04/2019 11:41:07
742 forum posts
90 photos

Its still on the GWS website:

**LINK**

DIGGER15/04/2019 12:04:20
125 forum posts
4 photos

Thank you Alan, it's a big help. Didn't know you could still get this.

Chris

Paul Marsh15/04/2019 19:15:58
3526 forum posts
977 photos

It's a shame there are no UK GWS distributors anymore. Their models are still innovative and fly well. I know when electric flight was in it's infancy around 2000 year, GWS models ruled the roost. I remember their excellent tiger moth which flew awesome, and took it to many Nationals.

Also there was the Ugly Stik, both the stick and wing model and the fuselage version. Also had the Piper Cub, still have remains of it, but too bashed up now. The A10 was useless, mainly down to rubbish motors and Nicd cells, I'm sure if it was upgraded to brush less EDF's and Lipo, would transform it. Sold it a while back.

Gordon Nicol15/04/2019 19:32:35
75 forum posts
Posted by Paul Marsh on 15/04/2019 19:15:58:

It's a shame there are no UK GWS distributors anymore. Their models are still innovative and fly well. I know when electric flight was in it's infancy around 2000 year, GWS models ruled the roost. I remember their excellent tiger moth which flew awesome, and took it to many Nationals.

Also there was the Ugly Stik, both the stick and wing model and the fuselage version. Also had the Piper Cub, still have remains of it, but too bashed up now. The A10 was useless, mainly down to rubbish motors and Nicd cells, I'm sure if it was upgraded to brush less EDF's and Lipo, would transform it. Sold it a while back.

there is no GWS any more , unfortunately... I was about to bring in a further thirty odd kits,and they stopped any comunications with me , directed me to GWS USA , which wasn't viable. As it was they only had the left overs , nothing anyone really wanted , no Formosa kits or beavers and cubs , the pico size cubs and tiggies had gone it was just a matter of time

many of us had spoken with GWS on RCG and they took no notice of what everyone wanted , and the company died

I collected a few for myself , 2 formosas tigermoth 2 AT6 two islanders a10 beaver,and the list goes on , but they are mine ...all mine, but still have a few spares , motor cowls and crap like that

DIGGER16/04/2019 05:34:46
125 forum posts
4 photos

There are alot of kits on ebay all from the USA prices are reasonable but the postage kills it for me.

Chris

Denis Watkins16/04/2019 08:40:48
3493 forum posts
165 photos
Posted by DIGGER on 16/04/2019 05:34:46:

There are alot of kits on ebay all from the USA prices are reasonable but the postage kills it for me.

Chris

Same here Chris, I managed to find a spare wing I needed in the USA for $69, but the size made postage $79 on top

David Ashby - Moderator16/04/2019 09:46:46
10830 forum posts
1620 photos
604 articles

Met and chatted with proprietor Mr Lin at Nuremberg. Very nice chap. He always blamed the cost of his divorce but, as with many things, the real reason for GWS' demise were probably many and various. Still.... the props live on smile

I remember the Cargotrans, I bought and flew one back in 2006, it went very well.

img_0778.jpg

img_1112.jpg

img_1135.jpg

img_1150.jpg

DIGGER16/04/2019 14:54:35
125 forum posts
4 photos

David, it's your article in the Nov 2005 RCM&E that got me interested ,and the Banggood release of the C-160 which is the GWS CARGOTRANS made me want one, hence this thread, and my other thread, still having trouble finding brushed motor replacements, thinking of quad motors.

Chris

David Ashby - Moderator17/04/2019 09:57:33
10830 forum posts
1620 photos
604 articles
Posted by DIGGER on 16/04/2019 14:54:35:

David, it's your article in the Nov 2005 RCM&E that got me interested ,and the Banggood release of the C-160 which is the GWS CARGOTRANS made me want one, hence this thread, and my other thread, still having trouble finding brushed motor replacements, thinking of quad motors.

Chris

Ah, I’d better keep a low profile then 😉

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2018
Revoc
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us