Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hi, I'm Robin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robin Stevens21/04/2019 21:41:28
8 forum posts
11 photos

Hi, I'm Robin. I fly at Scarborough Model Flying Club in Yorkshire. I have a mix of models in various states of build and repair, but at the moment the only thing that I have airworthy is a Cartoon Cutlass (RCME April 2015) and a Funbat. I didn't mean to end up flying mostly electric models but free time and wanting to scratch build most of the time has pushed me that way.

I prefer to scratch build. I have had a couple of ARTF kits in the past but I have been building when I can for the past couple of my planes. I currently have on the building board a Sorcerer glider (the classic from 1969 not the twin boom one) that I'm hoping to turn into a general glider for both the flat and the slope.

Kevin Fairgrieve22/04/2019 08:13:27
1585 forum posts
2844 photos

Welcome Robin.

Sounds like you have a large to do list.

Kev

Percy Verance22/04/2019 08:13:59
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Hi Robin and welcome to the forum. yes Lots of different types of models chewed over on here, plus many other things too. Dive in and enjoy..........

Doc Marten22/04/2019 08:22:14
353 forum posts
4 photos

Welcome Robin,

You'll be in good company here as a builder, there's usually a build thread going on and there are plenty from the past to search, I prefer IC power myself but can well see the attraction of transferring electrons (is that a pun?). it's something I'll need to expand into with EDF in mind for the future.

Search around to get a feel for the place, ask questions and be prepared for many different answers, you'll soon get to know the wheat from the chaff, but above all enjoy it.

Doc

Peter Miller22/04/2019 08:35:27
10011 forum posts
1177 photos
10 articles

Ah Great!!! Another builder. Wermome indeed.

Like you Robin, I prefer I.C. but find that due to lazyness and advancing years I have found that electric power does have a lot of advantages

ken anderson.22/04/2019 08:55:27
8415 forum posts
772 photos

welcome from me robin...

ken anderson...ne..1...… welcome dept.

cymaz22/04/2019 09:04:12
8530 forum posts
1150 photos

Morning Robinhot

David Davis22/04/2019 09:23:47
3348 forum posts
580 photos

Welcome Robin from a fellow builder! Though I have an electric model and appreciate its usability, I'm an i/c man through and through, fourstrokes for preference!

Paul Marsh22/04/2019 16:20:12
3645 forum posts
1017 photos

Welcome, I fly anything, electric and IC, but prefer IC powered warbirds and scale.

Robin Stevens22/04/2019 19:24:59
8 forum posts
11 photos

Thanks very much for the warm welcomes everyone

My building board is indeed bursting at the seems, I'm hoping to get some of it rounded out during this year so I can get a truly large project on the go. I'll be sure to check out the build threads (and hopefully add to them. thanks for the pointer)

In fact, one of the models waiting in the wings to be finished is a Toot Sweet Peter. It's a model that my father started and never got around to finishing, I'm hoping to finish it off so I have a model to practice for my B test with. Electric does have it's advantages but I have a SC.40 two stroke lined up for it, not sure if that'll be overcooking it though.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us