Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hobbyking customer service - Positive

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
chris larkins25/04/2019 19:26:06
207 forum posts
144 photos

I thought after all the negative stuff that I have read about Hobbyking customer service I would share a positive story.

Last week I was setting up my Durafly Vampire PNP, the battery had been plugged in for around 5 mins whilst I was setting up the control surfaces, without even getting as far as running up the fan there was a crack and a puff of smoke coming from the ESC, I quickly disconnected it & upon further inspection it was as dead as a dodo. I had a spare ESC from another project and used this to get the model in the air.

I thought for a few days about complaining to Hobbyking but thought it would be a waste of time, then after a few days I thought what have I got to lose.

I filled out the form on the website explaining what had happened, submitted a photo of the dead ESC and requested that they send me a replacement.

Today I got a knock on the door ( 3 days later) and upon opening the box I found a replacement ESC, perhaps they didn't have the original in stock as the one they have sent me is the upgraded AeroStar WiFi model. They haven't even requested that I send the original ESC back to them.

So for once a positive message about Hobbyking......... Nice one yesold esc.jpg

aerostar.jpg

Edited By chris larkins on 25/04/2019 19:26:59

Edited By chris larkins on 25/04/2019 19:27:19

Don Fry25/04/2019 19:48:14
4040 forum posts
45 photos

HobbyKing's stuff is fine, and they will sort problems ( if you strictly jump through the hoops). But, to wallow through the website, you lose the will to live.

One particularly useless innovation. I am an English first language speaker in France. My account used to be, do it in English, in Euros, in France.

They changed the site, again, and it defaults my log on to French. I am in France, therefore ............

I am told their boss says it's going to get better. Well 3 years ago it was clunky but OK. Then it got REALY bad. And then it got a bit better, and then it slid away again. So the boss better put his toys away, and listen to his customers.

Pity. Their stuff is OK, as is their customer service.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us