Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Lil Cub

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff S06/06/2020 20:58:58
3666 forum posts
26 photos

Is there a link for the L'l Cub at SLEC? I'll almost certainly build one but I was intending to scratch build from the plan, however it's probably worth checking costs first. I'll probably need to stock up on wood anyway.

I've just discovered from watching the full size on YouTube that the pilot's name is Knapp, which was our family name until it was changed early last century because of anti-German sympathies. So I guess I have to build it now!

Geoff

Alan Thorpe06/06/2020 21:19:18
228 forum posts
77 photos

Hi Geoff,

There was not a link actually, at least not when I ordered it!

I sent an email inquiry and a few days later the kit was ready, just have to pick it up tomorrow from the courier!

Tina from Slec very kindly emailed me a few days after I had ordered to let me know the kit was cut and ready to send to me!

JENJEN07/06/2020 13:33:27
9 forum posts

Received my Lil Cub and started the build. Hope it all goes well and look forward to hearing from other Lil Cub builders how they get on with their build. I am a relative newbie wood basher after a layoff for more years than I care to mention, so any ideas are always welcome.

J

Peter Miller07/06/2020 14:19:35
11104 forum posts
1309 photos
10 articles

Hi Jen

IT is pretty simple really. Just notice the correction to the drawing of leading edge around here somewhere.

JENJEN08/06/2020 15:53:00
9 forum posts

Peter,

Thank you for the reply.

I am building to the July 2019 plans, so is there an update as you suggest and if so where can I find it?

Can you also give some indication on fixing of the LE slat mounting?

Slec did a fine job on the supply and delivery.

Geoff S08/06/2020 16:31:20
3666 forum posts
26 photos

Just wondered what the price was and if it is for a complete kit, including all the wood (eg the hard balsa dowel, which isn't something I normally stock and ply doublers) or just a CNC pack of ribs and formers etc? I had intended to build from the plan but if the CNC parts etc are available, it's tempting to save the hassle. I would need to buy wood from SLEC in any case.

Geoff

Peter Miller08/06/2020 18:20:26
11104 forum posts
1309 photos
10 articles

The leaing edge sheet error and correction is shown here, Page 5

**LINK**

The same page shows how the slats areheld in placex. The pictures shows soem 3D printed suppoerts but I used play ones which take a lot of fidlling but do work

Peter Miller08/06/2020 18:24:07
11104 forum posts
1309 photos
10 articles
Posted by Geoff S on 08/06/2020 16:31:20:

Just wondered what the price was and if it is for a complete kit, including all the wood (eg the hard balsa dowel, which isn't something I normally stock and ply doublers) or just a CNC pack of ribs and formers etc? I had intended to build from the plan but if the CNC parts etc are available, it's tempting to save the hassle. I would need to buy wood from SLEC in any case.

Geoff

Ask SLEC,I had nothing to do with this

Roger Bird08/06/2020 19:54:30
94 forum posts
20 photos

I paid £62.26 for a set of former's, ribs, doubler's and some of the fiddly bits (slat supports). E-mail Jan Hull at jan@slecuk.com.

Geoff S08/06/2020 20:44:45
3666 forum posts
26 photos

Thanks, Roger. That doesn't sound too bad. I may indulge.

Geoff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!