Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

New, need help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Matthew smith 921/05/2019 13:10:17
5 forum posts
3 photos

I have been given a Lancaster bomber to finish but need help with what I need, batteries servos etc, pics attached.

20190521_125639.jpg

20190521_125709.jpg

20190521_125627.jpg

Colin Bernard21/05/2019 13:49:34
458 forum posts
80 photos

Hi Matthew,

That would be the Durafly Lancaster from Hobbyking. You can find full details here but in summary you simply need to add a transmitter, receiver and a 3S 2200 mAh LiPo.

All the necessary servos, motors, u/c etc are already installed.

It looks great in the air once you get it in the air but having had one myself a word of advice - keep the speed up, especially in the turns. Mine tip stalled on doing the final turn on a too slow approach.

Martin Harris21/05/2019 13:50:06
8473 forum posts
212 photos

Hi Matthew - welcome to the forum.

Can I assume from the questions you're asking that you're new to model flying? If so, best bet is to contact a local club or two and see if they will be happy to help you (I know ours would) but if you haven't done a reasonable amount of RC flying, you will need to learn on something a bit less complex - although a well sorted Lancaster should be relatively easy to fly, trying to learn on one is courting disaster and the inevitable bumps and bruises along the way will wreck the model before you have a chance to do it justice.

Meanwhile, in case you're at a good standard, perhaps some details of the model would assist in identifying it - maker, wingspan etc...

Ernie23/05/2019 17:45:26
2500 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Mathew, Be careful, It really is not as easy as adding the electronic bits, and flying it around.

There are several things you need to do

1 talk to your local club about learning how to fly

2 get insured

3 Get your hands on an easy to fly, trainer type model. ie one engine, high wing, and about 60 inch (or more) span

It really is worth all the trouble, so don't be put off

ernie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us