Forum sponsored by CML

In The Newsagents ...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nigel R23/05/2019 22:18:08
2968 forum posts
471 photos
Posted by Percy Verance on 23/05/2019 17:34:33:

I'm afraid I can't grasp the point you seem to be striving to make.

I'm not trying to shove you in any corners. You misunderstand.

Denis Watkins24/05/2019 07:37:31
3799 forum posts
50 photos

Nigel, Percy, valued contributors of common sense, our short burst comments, similar to Phone Texts too

Are often, written quickly, and can be read with more than one meaning.

I often read my own and can see clearly how I was misunderstood

We do our best, helping out

ken anderson.24/05/2019 10:45:47
8424 forum posts
772 photos

i'm in agreement with Denis.a lot of the time I think that written comments mean different things to different people,i also would say that this forum is also part of todays social media...as well as modelling,a lot of other topics get discussed....and as such we need the mods who attempt to remain impartial to our printed thoughts which sometimes do get out of hand(human nature)…………… my wife likes to have the last word,the first word and most of the one's in the middle...the common ground is we are all interested in model aircraft....and RCME does have a Facebook site/twitter site etc....good on them....

ken anderson...ne..1...where's Erfolg dept.

Dwain Dibley.24/05/2019 11:18:37
1267 forum posts
1265 photos

Ken, re your lovely wife, have you tried words like "fish slice" and other similarly "slender" words.

I find this works well at Dibley Towers, when trying to get into the conversation. laugh

Personally, I avoid facebook like the plague, My girls (14 and 15) are allowed to use instagram and whatsapp, and interact with friends on the Xbox. They do not use Facebook, and their school discourages it.

If you use social media a lot, just be careful.

This forum is great, you can have a bit of fun, meet great like minded people, and learn a lot at the same time

D.D.

Nigel R24/05/2019 12:59:33
2968 forum posts
471 photos

agree with all of that chaps

re: the social media thing in general, lots of studies done which show a sensible amount of use, hour a day or thereabouts, is somewhat beneficial to your wellbeing - the first things you do on it, you keep in touch with your mates, be they local and physical or forum based (hello you lot!), you get the good stuff done quickly.

if you stay too long, the media starts being your entire life and while it ain't really real, the more time on it the less that's remembered, and things can go south pretty quickly, with more susceptibility to the nastiness that can come out of it, and life becoming an endless series of moves to polish that public image, etc etc. The aspects that go down the line of trying to present a perfect image are a road to nowhere.

Don Fry24/05/2019 13:29:46
3814 forum posts
42 photos

Right, "polish that public image", that's me out then.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us