Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

old nieuport 17 model

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
tony oneill 122/05/2019 10:34:49
69 forum posts
49 photos

Hi all, i bought an old nieuport 17 model at an auction and decided to try and get it flying. i had to strip some old covering off and as a temporary measure i replaced it with what i had laying around until i get it flying properly. in the meantime would anyone know where the C of G is on a model like this? its about 1.1m wide, just under 1m long and is fitted with an electric motor, similar to a ripmax quantum 2 .40 equivalent. I tried a 14.4 4 cell battery but this seem too large and heavy so i was going to try an 11 volt 3 cell instead.

would the C of G be a point between the ends of the main spar but in the center of the wing? which would put it at a point near the back of the wing above the cockpit. it does have a sweep on the main wing.

tony.

Jon - Laser Engines22/05/2019 12:49:30
4798 forum posts
179 photos

my flair example balances just in front of the rear strut for the top wing and isnt that fussy as i experimented with various levels of ballast and it didnt seem to make any difference at all

John Lee22/05/2019 13:01:06
653 forum posts
48 photos

On the Radio Modeller Plan version, RM149, designed by my old Clubmate Eric Robinson, the CG is about 75% of the shortest point on the upper wing centre chord.

The semi-circular central cut-out on the trailing edge of the wing means it would be about 60% of the chord if there was no cut-out & also corresponds to the leading edge of the lower plane.

tony oneill 122/05/2019 15:34:18
69 forum posts
49 photos

Thanks guys, great information. This is actually further back than i thought. Leading edge of the lower wing will be the starting point then.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us