Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Slite V2 build thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Sephton 109/06/2019 21:25:15
153 forum posts
392 photos

Now for the spoiler. In contrast to the rudder and elevator, this job proved to be remarkably straightforward.

The servo is mounted using servo tape, so the first job was to cut off the servo mounting lugs as they fouled the servo box in the model.

img_0205.jpeg

Next was to bend the actuating arm from 'spare' control rod (I'm not sure where this would come from as most of it was required to join the servos to the empennage!).

img_0206.jpeg

I cut a servo arm to the size shown on the plan, zero'd the servo and fitted the arm in line with the servo axis. Then, using a servo tester, I set the servo to full out spoiler and connected the arm to the spoiler and servo. The servo was then fixed to F4 with servo tape. The spoiler worked fine, but wouldn't close. A quick inspection showed that the servo was sitting proud of the wing. F4 was then removed and the spoiler closed.

img_0207.jpeg

The initial deflection wasn't enough, so I experimented with actuating arm position on the spoiler and servo arm orientation with respect to the servo. In the end, I used the rear hole on the spoiler, a servo arm as per the plan and the servo arm aligned with the axis of the servo when the servo was at neutral. It took about three removals of the servo, but I used the same tape each time. I renewed the tape once I'd got it sorted.

img_0209.jpeg

img_0208.jpeg

As you can see from the next photo, the removal of F4 has left only the centre rib of the wing to stick the servo to. It'll do for first test flights, but I'll need to fill in the gaps at the side before I compete with the model.

img_0210.jpeg

So, she's now ready for test, but with poor weather forecast this week, I'm not holding my breath .... so maybe I will go do a bit more to the Fury!

img_0216.jpeg

Nigel Dell11/06/2019 00:27:50
378 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Andy

Seems a real pain getting the battery in there, looking at the plan it is designed around one kind of battery,

This Battery

I ordered one when I got the kit, I will either use Multiplex or Jeti RX’s in the model as they are ok on 3.2 - 3.5v and keep a good eye on the voltage when flying, I am sure it will be fine, the other way would to make up a pack 2 sticks of 2

This configuration

using possibly AAA Eneloop cells.

Or do what you did of course! 👍🏻

Edited By Nigel Dell on 11/06/2019 00:29:39

Fons Kremer23/10/2019 08:35:21
1 forum posts

Hello, can you show a picture showing how to install ballast weight?

Tim Donald11/11/2019 15:43:52
25 forum posts
2 photos

Great thread Andy, I have just started building a Slight v2 and these posts really help particularly with the instructions in German. I have one question about the Oralite covering : the outer wing sections that were covered in separate top and bottom pieces, how did you do this with such a thin leading edge? I have built lots of old style aircraft and covered with solar film but they always had a balsa LE. Is the tiny carbon LE enough to stick oralite to and how much did you overlap top and bottom surfaces? Thanks.

Edited By Tim Donald on 11/11/2019 15:44:42

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us