Forum sponsored by CML

Ripmax ARTF stocks

Low stocks at on-line retailers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
brokenenglish13/06/2019 15:41:57
427 forum posts
28 photos

I don't see how Brexit can have anything to do with it.
How much modelling stuff does the UK import from continental Europe?
Very little indeed I think, and it's quite possible, even likely, that trading conditions with non-European countries could be improved without conditions imposed by the EU.

conrad taggart13/06/2019 17:15:46
67 forum posts
Posted by brokenenglish on 13/06/2019 15:41:57:

Very little indeed I think, and it's quite possible, even likely, that trading conditions with non-European countries could be improved without conditions imposed by the EU.

Will certainly be more expensive given the fall in the pound.

**LINK**

Nigel R13/06/2019 17:41:07
2856 forum posts
469 photos

"I don't see how Brexit can have anything to do with it."

Hmm.

Massive uncertainty over future trading conditions will have quite a lot to do with anything that has to cross a border, regardless of origin or destination. Civilian business does not in general thrive on uncertainty. Could be said that other types might do, but I don't think our game really does.

"Very little indeed I think, and it's quite possible, even likely, that trading conditions with non-European countries could be improved without conditions imposed by the EU."

I don't think I can agree here.

Consider, who has a better negotiating position, the entire EU bloc, representing one of the largest trading areas / markets of the world, or the UK, who at the point in time we're talking about, won't be.

Either way, it will take years, and years, and probably more years, of individual negotiations with said individual countries. Until such time trade will be on the worst possible conditions/regulations, i.e. WTO if UK crashes out of EU. In short, we can expect pretty much about everything we buy to be more expensive for a long time.

Mods if I'm drifting too political here then please delete, I'm trying to stay relevant to the low stock level discussion.

Lima Hotel Foxtrot17/06/2019 21:48:53
336 forum posts
Posted by brokenenglish on 13/06/2019 15:41:57:

Oh, dear. Politics.

Anyway, where do you think all the stuff made in the far east goes through to get here? Europe. Europe is the logistical trading hub that we import from. Brexit WILL effect the prices of every modelling item you buy in the form of customs tariffs if nothing else, and these costs will be passed onto the UK purchaser.

Edited By Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 17/06/2019 21:50:54

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Slec
Gliders Distribution
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us