Forum sponsored by CML

foam airliner shop bargain project

experimental free flight project

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
thunderstreak.keith14/06/2019 00:03:59
286 forum posts
121 photos

Found this in pound stretcher reduced £2.99 to £50p . mega distance foam glider, (so it says) fuzzy 2 wings and tail. 55cm span and auw of 38gm. put it together shoulder launch and believe it not the glide was brilliant until the speed dropped off and it tip stalled. I intend to get this going firstly with a bungee then possibly a rapier or my old jetex unit. also got a nice co2. lots of work to do with the moulding, l/e and t/e wings are a lovely square edge but they do have a camber. I was suprised how well it flew "as is "out of plastic bag. for 50p whats to lose? Its all too easy these days to use modern radio to get an unstable plane to fly,but how many newbies out there know how to trim one to fly as they want to correctly without help from technology? myu aim of this thread is to try and get this to fly as i want it to and keep you informed of my progress. 50p madness

keith

thunderstreak.keith14/06/2019 00:12:45
286 forum posts
121 photos

original as prchasedoriginal as purchased

Nigel R14/06/2019 08:07:52
3113 forum posts
479 photos

nice!

are you burying a few 9g servos in the foam?

thunderstreak.keith14/06/2019 10:39:56
286 forum posts
121 photos

hi nigel, not sure yet. at the moment i am sorting the wings out lots of work to put them right!! changed the tail for balsa.original was 1mm foam and is already on its way out. I have got an old electra sport powered glider which the wife bought me years ago, never did fly it was rubbish. could canibalise that i suppose. wondering if i could use the receiver board and servos from it, it also came with a 3 channel tx. will keep you updated but i am very optimistic about this project. sadly work comes first (so i am told)

keith

thunderstreak.keith16/06/2019 17:09:52
286 forum posts
121 photos

just added 1/8 sq h/w balsa strip to under the wings. wings have been shaped(no flat sq l/e or t/e. replaced the tail with 2mm balsa /tissue covered. the question is does anyone know how far forward the hook should go for bungee launch?:

thunderstreak.keith16/06/2019 17:23:47
286 forum posts
121 photos

1/8 sq h/w strip added

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us