Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Weston Park 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Denis Watkins18/06/2019 19:17:59
3682 forum posts
173 photos

At most shows the " groupies " sit just along the fence, with none standing unless, flyer, spotter or Marshall

I am sure this was a over site this time, as at previous shows at Weston, the pilots could clearly be seen during there spot

Denis Watkins18/06/2019 19:18:01
3682 forum posts
173 photos

At most shows the " groupies " sit just along the fence, with none standing unless, flyer, spotter or Marshall

I am sure this was a over site this time, as at previous shows at Weston, the pilots could clearly be seen during there spot

Paul Marsh18/06/2019 22:49:59
3617 forum posts
1011 photos

A good weekend. Get annoyed with people moaning about the dark, wet weather- we are in the UK after all. Where's the great british spirit?

Nothing you can do about it, but 95% of the flying took place, and not affected it too much. Bought 3 models and loads of other bits.

Tom Sharp 219/06/2019 01:47:30
3397 forum posts
17 photos

Next thing will be spectators on top of step ladders, as per full size airshows.

Geoff Parkes19/06/2019 09:26:08
100 forum posts

Only living some 15 mins. from Weston i have attended the show for more than 15 years, never been disapointed, regarding the weather the average club field is affected by the U.K.weather, we all moan about mud, rain wind etc but we done our boots, wellys and bad weather clothing and turn out to enjoy our hobby ( for how much longer is another story ) after the shock of the £14 pound entry fee i was amazed to see what a large turn out on such an iffy day weather wise. I went on Sat. only one big shower about 1.00,just as i got back to my car for lunch, My visit to SLEC to stock up with wood was my first visit, you cant beat their show prices for balsa and they have an endless quantity to select from. i think the trade was about the usual size for this show, not certain about prices as i only buy wood from shows now. Good old Dave. Bishop was co-handling the mike for the comentary , i thought he had retired ? when the Lancaster did a no show on Sat. afternoon he filled in the time as only he could, but it was a nice surprise when a griffon ?engined Spitfire turned up and did an impressive display, yes i agree that Jase "the ace"Desuza was very good but the young Israili pilot stole the show for me , maybe because we had seen Jase. before we knew what to expect, but nor seeing the israili lad was all new. all in all i enjoyed the show and will be looking forward to next year.

Bill Reed19/06/2019 13:26:03
60 forum posts
1 photos

I must admit and sorry to sound petty BUT the amount of chairs and people in the "pits" is getting a joke.

Its all family and friends, I thought that side of fence was for pilots and crew/helper. Now you see kids and dogs!

Having no chairs would help ,if they must be on the other side have a area to one side for family and dogs.

Martin Harris19/06/2019 13:35:41
8561 forum posts
214 photos

Having non-directly involved people on the display side of the crowd line seems to be against the spirit, if not the letter of the law for separation distances. I would strongly recommend that display organisers think seriously about this apparently growing practice, both from the perspective (rather literally!) of potential customers and for their own protection in the event of something unfortunate happening.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us