Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

How to get RSSI indication from XSRF3E?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allan Bennett16/06/2019 19:24:30
1518 forum posts
38 photos

I've had two quadcopters using FrSky's XSRF3E board -- an SPRACINGF3EVO flight controller with onboard XSR receiver -- for a couple of years now, but neither of them shows any RSSI indication on my Taranis transmitter. This hasn't worried me since I fly my quads within the space of a football field, and I thought it was a feature of that particular receiver.

Today I lost one of my quads, and a club mate suggested using the RSSI indication as an aid to locating it. This prompted me to look at the XSRF3E instruction sheet again, and I see that it says "In the Receiver, set the RSSI channel to be 8."

How do I do that? Is it something in OpenTX Configurator, in Betaflight or iNav configurator, or in the menus on the transmitter itself?

Allan Bennett18/06/2019 16:54:22
1518 forum posts
38 photos

Interesting that nobody seems to have encountered or, at least, solved this problem.

I've been reminded that with OTX 2.2.3 there's now options for telemetry or no-telemetry when binding, so I tried re-binding with the telemetry option, to no avail. Then I found a suggestion that there's a bug in the original XSR firmware (didn't say that it was directly related to my issue though), so maybe a firmware upgrade is in order. The only thing putting me off that is having to extract the flight controller from my quad (which is flying nicely, thank you, apart from no RSSI indication) in order to solder on wires for the connection to my transmitter. I've downloaded the necessary file and parked it in the FIRMWARE folder in my transmitter in case I get the urge to dismantle my quad sometime laugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Motion RC
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us