The EU UAS Regulation Package - Outline

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dickw25/06/2019 17:58:02
439 forum posts
76 photos
Posted by Steve J on 25/06/2019 17:46:34:
Posted by Dickw on 25/06/2019 17:38:39:

Just checked and I can't see any way of de-registering anything, or cancelling my French competency cert.

Can't see why it would be a problem anyway. If a gendarme wants to check my French docs while I am flying in the UK under our airspace regs he is welcome to do so.

The regulation says:

"UAS operators shall register themselves in the Member State where they have their residence for natural persons or where they have their principal place of business for legal persons and ensure that their registration information is accurate. A UAS operator cannot be registered in more than one Member State at a time."

I wonder if the French will remove non-residents from their database before 1st July next year.

Steve

Interesting question. I understand that acceptance of other countries registrations etc. is being discussed to allow people to travel and fly, but there are differences in the systems. For example, each of my models has a different registration in my name in France, rather than me being registered as an operator for all my models as is proposed for ther UK.

Dick

Steve J25/06/2019 18:31:47
1152 forum posts
38 photos

Posted by Dickw on 25/06/2019 17:58:02:

I understand that acceptance of other countries registrations etc. is being discussed to allow people to travel and fly, but there are differences in the systems.

Another quote from article 14:

"Member States shall ensure that registration systems are digital and interoperable and allow for mutual access and exchange of information through the repository referred to in Article 74 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1139."

I haven't got my head around all the transitional provisions, but I think that all of article 14 applies from 1st July 2020.

Steve

PS Another point to consider: the authorisation given to the associations only applies in the member state in which it is issued, so you might be limited to open category operation in other countries. 

Edited By Steve J on 25/06/2019 18:39:43

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us