Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Cable plug compatibility

Spektrum AR6600T Receiver G3 cables/plugs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frederick Robins27/06/2019 14:25:35
1 forum posts

I'm very new to modelling! looking for some really basic advice. I'm trying to connect a Overlander XP2 ESC, a Spectrum AR6600T receiver and a Multiplex Multigyro G3 (and on to servos).

Problem: The plugs 'sockets' on the Spectrum receiver are very marginally narrower than those on the Multiplex MultiGyro (and on the servos). Also cable plug from the ESC too large for the Spectrum Receiver sockets. The difference is very marginal - about 0.5mm.

Is there an adaptor to be used in this situation?

Steve J27/06/2019 15:02:57
1587 forum posts
47 photos

Your best bet is probably to get some cheap extensions (or plug/crimp kits) that fit and move the wires over.

Steve

Don Fry27/06/2019 16:56:34
4070 forum posts
47 photos

I'm a bit surprised that those bits don't go together. Is your problem the pin spacings are different, or the plastic surrounds are marginally oversize. When you quote about 0.5 mm, is that an estimate on a ruler, or measured on a micrometer.

I say, because occasionally, putting together different makers stuff, while the world says a JR plug is "universal", a bit of careful sanding is sometimes necessary.

Edited By Don Fry on 27/06/2019 16:57:54

Steve J27/06/2019 17:05:03
1587 forum posts
47 photos

I have found the sockets on my 'T's to be a bit tight. I seem to recall reading a post somewhere where Spektrum effectively admitted that they where a fraction too small.

Steve

Don Fry27/06/2019 18:09:33
4070 forum posts
47 photos

When I went over to Spektrum, from Futaba, I seem to recall, all the Futaba sevoes needed "thinning" a bit to get them into a Spektrum receiver. You could get a few in, but eventually the mismatch across six or eight servos caused a problem.

Steve J27/06/2019 18:14:38
1587 forum posts
47 photos

The ones where there 6+ sockets without a spacer can be a bit of a pain.

Steve

Lima Hotel Foxtrot27/06/2019 22:30:39
354 forum posts

Spektrum RXs are very often (no idea why, you would think they’d have sorted it out by now) too wide for the sockets. Whenever this has caused a problem for me I have thinned the plugs with a few sweeps on my permagrit block.

Do it on the solid side, you don’t want to risk weakening the tiny plastic tabs that actually hold the pins in place.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us