Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Full-Size Lancaster at Woodsprings today

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cliff 195914/07/2019 21:37:38
235 forum posts
54 photos

As a special treat an Avro Lancaster did three fly-bys at Woodsprings Model Show today on its way back to base ... fantastic.

Richard Acland14/07/2019 21:47:34
33 forum posts
27 photos

I went to Woodspring today as I have done for the last several years. There was some interesting stuff but a little bit too much prop hanging which leaves me a bit cold. Also a small niggle in as much as there wasnt a lot of choice catering wise. They always seem to come up trumps with the weather though.

Richard

Dad_flyer14/07/2019 23:41:06
125 forum posts
148 photos

I stayed for both days with Child_flyer. The Lancaster visits were fabulous, nicely complemented by the formation flying of the two large scale models. Really gave the sense of what it might be like if there was not just the one full-size left in the UK.

The 60% cubs display was my highlight of the sport flying. Each acrobatic element was not showy, but they flew so beautifully together. 3D slots gave us time to go for tea and visit the stands.

Mike T15/07/2019 00:13:55
404 forum posts
28 photos

The crowd on Saturday got 4 passes! (I thought any more than 2 made it a 'display'?)

The big Cubs were superbly flown and in very close proximity. I couldn't take my eyes off them (mainly in case debris started coming my way).

The Bishop's Reds display was superb too, notwithstanding an u/c failure on their first outing.

cymaz15/07/2019 05:56:54
8530 forum posts
1150 photos

Flew on the Saturday, great day had by all.

Dad_flyer15/07/2019 20:00:16
125 forum posts
148 photos

Child_flyer has spent all evening on the simulator. Suddenly he can do knife edge, inverted and something like a stall turn. Then he practiced the A test manoeuvres.

I shall never catch up now.

Josip Vrandecic -Mes15/07/2019 21:25:59
2983 forum posts
259 photos
A men should be grateful for such moments of history love
Appreciate dear Cliff.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us