Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Multiplex Dual Receivers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Bromley15/07/2019 09:27:22
50 forum posts
1 photos

Hi could someone explain how to use two multiplex DR M Link receivers presumably via a diversity cable in a large petrol model ? I am using a powerbox switch and two receiver packs. Any advice appreciated Thanks.

Paul.

Frank Skilbeck15/07/2019 10:54:54
4424 forum posts
101 photos

Paul, yes, in MPX launcher make sure the receivers BD port is set to diversity (it's in the options), then a servo plug with 2 male ends between the BD sockets, job done.

Make sure that the main batteries are connected to the receiver with the servos. Note you could use a 16 channel Rx with a 7 channel DR Rx as the slave and you still get the full 16 channels.

There's no way to test which Rx is doing the work though, but I did a test where I bound 2 receivers to 2 different transmitters and then connected them together, I could then switch between transmitters and have control over all servos attached to each Rx, if both transmitters were on then they controlled the servos on their Rx, but the second a Tx was switched off the diversity link took over.

Paul Bromley15/07/2019 11:01:50
50 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks again Frank your help is invaluable the large model actually only needs 6 channels so I will buy two 7 channel rx now I know it can be done.

Good wishes.

Paul.

Paul Bromley15/07/2019 11:02:36
50 forum posts
1 photos

A follow up sorry how do you bind both to the TX ?

Frank Skilbeck15/07/2019 18:38:13
4424 forum posts
101 photos

Just bind them to the Tx like normal, you can do this independently. The Rx then remembers the Tx ID. The receivers need to be the DR telemetry ones, the light don't have the diversity function.

Paul Bromley15/07/2019 18:41:32
50 forum posts
1 photos

Great stuff many thanks this solves my problem without spending another fortune on powerbox SRS.

Paul.

Frank Skilbeck15/07/2019 22:25:51
4424 forum posts
101 photos

No problem Paul, must admit I just use a single Pro Rx on my larger models, but only have one 32cc Petrol.

Peter Robinson 916/07/2019 09:30:39
23 forum posts

Hi

Just a quick question if I want to double up on recievers and I am using a 9channel rx can I use a 7ch rx to increase diversity even though I using 9 channels for flight. Do I have to use two 9ch rx's for it to work?

Peter

Percy Verance16/07/2019 21:11:56
8109 forum posts
155 photos

No, you don't have to use another 9ch receiver Peter. A 7ch would do as long as it's a telemetry ( as in non Light) receiver. And I think either the twin or single aerial receivers will work. 

Edited By Percy Verance on 16/07/2019 21:14:31

Peter Robinson 917/07/2019 07:40:14
23 forum posts

Hi

Thank you for the info greatly appreciated multiplex instructions tend not to be clear in what you can do in that kind of setup.

Peter

Paul Bromley17/07/2019 07:50:07
50 forum posts
1 photos

I agree Peter, I get embarrassed keep asking, but the instructions do leave a little to be desired in certain cases ! I go on the forum but you can bet the answer you need is invariably in German. Nice gear though !

Peter Robinson 917/07/2019 08:39:16
23 forum posts

Hi Just another quick question why have multiplex stop making the profi tx's except the special edition? I am after a profi 12 cant find them any were, model shops keep saying they are in stock when in reality they have no stock. Really frustrating I will have to carry on using my 20 yr old 4000

Peter

Paul Bromley17/07/2019 11:16:16
50 forum posts
1 photos

I don't know if this helps I buy a lot from here they seem to say 2 weeks

https://www.lindinger.at/en/supplies-und-misc/clearance/multiplex-profi-tx-12-m-link-transmitter-only

Paul.

Peter Robinson 917/07/2019 11:41:52
23 forum posts

Hi

Thanks I will check it out.

Peter

Percy Verance17/07/2019 13:36:46
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Peter

It's a while back now, but I had the opposite problem. I was looking for a 9ch Profi tx/rx but couldn't find one. West London Models - whom had no 9ch Profi tx's either - offered me a display 12ch one for the price of the 9ch. I happily took that.

If you can't get one anywhere, take a look at the Cockpit SX 12, which has the Profi stick units. It may well give you 99% of what you want. I also have the SX 9, and it's much lighter and easier to hold than the Profi. The updates issued since the Cockpit SX first appeared have increased it's usefulness and functionality a fair bit too. Nice to use with it's colour touch screen. yes

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/07/2019 13:44:00

Peter Robinson 917/07/2019 14:18:48
23 forum posts

Hi, I am looking at the royal sx16 now even though it a older set it seems to have the functions I want. The cockpit sx looks modern the switches are believe are not assignable. I do like flying with a neckstrap and pinching the sticks as oppose to thumbs. So the switches on the side are not what I need. The royal has 2 switches on the side but I can dis-regard them and put the switches on top. I checked out the Lindinger website no profi available but looks a good website.

Peter

Max Z17/07/2019 16:21:57
511 forum posts
224 photos

Hi Peter,

As an owner of one, I can thoroughly recommend the Royal SX 16. I also have the older RoyalPro 9 (firmware upgraded to SX) The Royal SX 16 also has the Profi stick units, very nice.

In stead of the neck strap, have a look at the special tray designed for the Royal. It is made of foam, but feels very nice and is durable. It is not cheap, and prices vary so a bit of shopping around can be advantageous.

Max.

Percy Verance17/07/2019 17:05:45
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Sorry to say, I think you'll struggle there Peter, as the Royal series of sets was discontinued a little while back I believe.

And the switches on the Cockipit SX are now fully assignable Peter. That happened after an update a while back. So you could re-assign unwanted switches I imagine? The tray for the Royal ( I have one) does have cut-outs to allow access to the switches you mentioned when it is tray mounted Peter. I'm not sure if there is a tray for the new Cockpit, but if there was, it might be reasonable to assume switch accessibilty would be catered for. And there is provision for a neck strap on the Cockpit, in case you thought there was not.

A chap I fly with managed to get a Royal SX 16ch about a year ago, and the shop he got it from - Elite Models - did say they were now discontinued. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't any left anywhere.... but it might be a long search.

Here's my 35mhz Royal in it's tray.....

tray-1.jpg

tray-2.jpg

As Max says, it is quite durable despite being of fairly rigid foam. Mine is around 10 years old.....

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/07/2019 17:14:50

Paul Bromley17/07/2019 17:15:25
50 forum posts
1 photos

I fly pinch usually three fingers and use cockpit sx12 with neck strap, but with Hi tec stick tops to get the extra length without the width of the Multiplex ones. Just FWIW.

Percy Verance17/07/2019 17:29:17
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Peter

I just checked the West London Models site. They list the Profi 12ch tx at £735, out of stock but due in September. How does that square with what you've found elsewhere?

Oh, and they're showing the tray for the Royal as in stock, but the price is a shocker. £69.99. But then Mpx never did bargain basement. It's no good unless you find a tx to fit in it though.......

Peter, elitemodelsonline are showing the Profi 9 set - Tx and Rx - as being in stock. £739..........but if you need 12 channels that's no good......

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/07/2019 17:39:00

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us