Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Multiplex Dual Receivers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Max Z17/07/2019 17:53:43
511 forum posts
224 photos

What do you mean, discontinued? The Multiplex website still lists it, and German/Austrian shops Lindinger and Schweighofer have it in stock (for the same price, but Schweighofer throws in the Souffleur spoken telemetry receiver)

Percy Verance17/07/2019 18:07:09
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Might they be remaining stock Max? The fact one of the shops is giving away a Souffler perhaps suggests a desire to move stock quickly?

Several UK stockists have mentioned to me that it is discontinued, including the seller whom at one time was the UK Multiplex representitive. Certainly, some UK stockists are no longer listing the Royal SX, and they did used to.

The situation in Europe may of course be different, but there don't seem to be any Royal SX's for sale here in the UK. Certainly my flying colleague had considerable difficulty finding one a year or so ago. He wanted a yellow 9ch version, but the only one he could find was a black 16ch one.

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/07/2019 18:16:33

Max Z17/07/2019 18:17:54
511 forum posts
224 photos

Might be, but if you want one you can still buy one. And I got the package including the Souffleur a while ago, it's a Multiplex sponsored combi-package (never used it up to now, but hey..).

I would not argue that the Royal is not due for replacement, but it serves my purposes well.smiley And yes, the black 16ch seems to be the only version on offer. I've got the yellow 16 Ch version cheeky

Edited By Max Z on 17/07/2019 18:20:30

Percy Verance17/07/2019 19:13:39
8109 forum posts
155 photos

The Royal is a good transmitter Max - I have two - but it is getting left behind in some respects now, such as the nimh battery pack and the vulnerable exposed aerial. I've never broken one yet, but I know those who have. But yes, my Royals have served me well, and continue to do so.

Here in the UK at least, the Multiplex sellers are promoting the Cockpit SX now.

Peter Robinson 917/07/2019 19:32:36
23 forum posts

Hi

i ordered a profi 12 last week through a model shop, so I knew I had to wait for them to order (no stock) .i rang Perkins yesterday they had no stock of any profi so they got in touch with multiplex and they told them that profi 9,12 are discontinued the only one which is available is the special edition. To pricey for me at over £1000. So I started to ring around up and down the country all the shops that said they had them in stock but none had one in fact the amount of shops I rang it looks like they is none in the country. Today I started looking at the sx16 elegance which is available without any problems from the suppliers and shops, having a think now what to do.

peter

Robert Welford17/07/2019 20:51:21
158 forum posts
4 photos

Peter, I've sent you a message. Robert

Max Z17/07/2019 23:02:43
511 forum posts
224 photos
Posted by Percy Verance on 17/07/2019 19:13:39:

and the vulnerable exposed aerial. I've never broken one yet, but I know those who have.

I have to agree to that. On the older one, to get a better protectionI modified the mounting to swing it back (and fix it) in the same way the 35MHz antenna could . Nothing wrong with the NiMh battery as far as I am concerned, must be nearly a year ago I last had to charge it.

Percy Verance18/07/2019 05:40:04
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Well Max, on mine at least, the self discharge of the nimh pack is higher compared to the lithium pack in the Cocpit SX. It has been slightly inconvenient at times. But at least the battery management does give you an indication of how much flying time you may have left in the pack. I've also found the plug in trainer stick can drain some power if it's left plugged in during storage. But to be fair the pack in my M Link Royal must be 6 or 7 years old now. I have removed the pack completely from the 35mhz one, as I haven't used that for a few months now.

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/07/2019 05:45:04

Paul Bromley13/08/2019 17:26:17
50 forum posts
1 photos

Hopefully guys on here can answer another question ? sorry !

I have set up conditions, I only need two and used the dual rate switch to switch between conditions 1 and 2. I was then able to use different amounts of expo with mild and wild movements. However I find I need different servo end points as well, again my lack of understanding isn't letting me grasp this, can anyone tell me how this can be done ?

Many thanks.

Paul.

Frank Skilbeck13/08/2019 19:38:14
4424 forum posts
101 photos

Paul, you can set rates per flight condition (phase) too, this then adjusts the servo throw.

Paul Bromley13/08/2019 19:59:35
50 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Frank,

I am doing this, the problem is I have two elevator servos on separate channels where the movements on low rates need to be about 12 degrees and oh high rates about 60 degrees, so they have very large servo arms. The problem is the two down elevator movements don't quite match in the low rate, so I was hoping there was a way to adjust servo end points in both flight conditions to exactly match servo movements.

Frank Skilbeck13/08/2019 20:16:37
4424 forum posts
101 photos

Paul that also means when you move the elevator stick in high rates to give 12 deg then they will be out too, you need to get the servos matching. It suggests that there is some slight mechanical difference in each elevator linkage.

The best way is to adjust the mechanical linkage so they both move the same, but you can use the servo curves (5 point on the Cockpit Sx and Royal Sx and 9 point on the Profi), so the elevator halves move in unison. The MPX way is always to adjust the servo curves first to get equal response to the input and then adjust the required control inputs per flight phase/dual rate.

Paul Bromley13/08/2019 20:27:47
50 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Frank, I will give that a go, I think the difference is probably one spline, but if I move one arm its out the other way if you follow !

Best wishes

paul.

Frank Skilbeck13/08/2019 21:05:14
4424 forum posts
101 photos

Just adjust one of the servos mid point in the servo curves so the arms are aligned and then the mechanical linkage so both elevator halves are level, then by adjusting the end points they should move together in unison to the control input.

Paul Bromley14/08/2019 07:17:59
50 forum posts
1 photos

Todays project in the pouring rain ... thanks very much. Frank.

Paul.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us