By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Think I've been spammed!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Maurice Dyer19/07/2019 13:38:25
41 forum posts

Get the cheque cleared and the cash in your mortgage posting ???

Maurice Dyer19/07/2019 13:39:12
41 forum posts

That should say mitt before posting ???

SIMON CRAGG16/09/2019 12:41:56
435 forum posts
14 photos

Thank you Barclays Bank!

They have frozen the sellers bank account pending further investigation, and paid the £100 back into my account today.

Lessons learnt!.

SIMON CRAGG01/10/2019 12:17:24
435 forum posts
14 photos

Further to my last post, got a polite letter from Barclays explaining what they had done, and confirming my refund. Please be careful out there chaps. There are so many scammers lurking, even on your friendly BMFA site!

Engine Doctor01/10/2019 12:26:43
2296 forum posts
27 photos

Well done Simon for persevering and well done to the bank . I hope the culprit gets done well and truly by the law.

kc01/10/2019 12:27:26
6032 forum posts
168 photos

All these things are getting worse because the punishment is too lenient even if the fraudster is caught. But it's all made possible because everyone is too often afraid to publish the name and address of culprits.

SIMON CRAGG01/10/2019 12:34:52
435 forum posts
14 photos
Posted by Engine Doctor on 01/10/2019 12:26:43:

Well done Simon for persevering and well done to the bank . I hope the culprit gets done well and truly by the law.

Thanks for that. It was totally my fault and I should have known better. I had thought about broadcasting the name of the fraudster, but not sure where I stand with this. More than happy to pm the name to anybody who is buying / selling though. VERY impressed with Barclays.

FlyinFlynn02/10/2019 13:21:42
23 forum posts
8 photos

Glad it all turned out well for you Simon... but you were sCammed...not sPammed!

I have got into the habit of using Paypal for all overseas transactions, and then paying Paypal from a CREDIT card...that gives me two layers of protection. I am currently in a Paypal dispute over a Banggood non-delivery which they won't refund me for as I did not purchase their 'shipping insurance'....we will see how Paypal view this in due course....and if they don't agree with me and issue a refund then my credit card company should. (being governed by the consumer credit act) 

Edited By FlyinFlynn on 02/10/2019 13:25:56

Jason Channing02/10/2019 13:29:31
91 forum posts

I dont normally accept paypal on things I sell as the fraud works both ways, Shitty buyers and their scams and the seller is always at fault. So generally if you dont want to pay via bank tx or COD / or collection then they lose out rather than me.yes

Mike T02/10/2019 13:50:07
417 forum posts
28 photos
Posted by FlyinFlynn on 02/10/2019 13:21:42:

I have got into the habit of using Paypal for all overseas transactions, and then paying Paypal from a CREDIT card...that gives me two layers of protection. I am currently in a Paypal dispute over a Banggood non-delivery which they won't refund me for as I did not purchase their 'shipping insurance'....we will see how Paypal view this in due course....and if they don't agree with me and issue a refund then my credit card company should. (being governed by the consumer credit act)

Sadly, you are mistaken.  You LOSE your CCA S.75 rights when you pay via Paypal, even though you may settle your Paypal acct. via your Cr Card: **LINK**

Edited By Mike T on 02/10/2019 13:55:06

FlyinFlynn03/10/2019 11:21:06
23 forum posts
8 photos

Thanks for that Mike, I stand corrected. I have in the past received a refund from the credit card company after paying via Paypal but I cannot now remember the specifics. Perhaps my credit card company wanted to keep my custom.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us