Forum sponsored by CML

Stockpiling

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
will -021/07/2019 08:47:43
553 forum posts
19 photos
Posted by Chris Walby on 20/07/2019 22:07:05:

How many of us are guilty (yes me as well) of having an engine that is not in a model? Just sitting in a draw waiting for the right plane.

nothing at all wrong with that and quite understandable when supply is uncertain to say the least. If I want a 30 size glow motor now, the only surefire supply I have is my own. They can't be bought new and finding decent second hand is hit and miss.

I'm not in the business of draining and then hoarding supplier's stock of spares, but if an opportunity arises to acquire spare for engines I run which I know are our of production, and if I have the readies, I take it.

After all when shops sell up stock someone has to buy it or it ends up in a skip

Edited By will -0 on 21/07/2019 08:55:52

Percy Verance21/07/2019 09:16:34
8109 forum posts
155 photos

And the worst of it is that - particularly for i.c. engine devotees - there will be far fewer secondhand engines in the years ahead beause the supply of new stock is diminishing now.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 21/07/2019 09:17:04

Josip Vrandecic -Mes21/07/2019 09:19:40
2984 forum posts
259 photos
The brilliant note about 'The Syndrome of Crazed Squirrels' by Jon- Laser Engines ,  was completed with the story at the reception, by Percy Verance .... I have the privilege of being with all of you in this forum. The beginning of Sunday promises ... plenty of wisdom. Thanks face 1

Jo

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 21/07/2019 09:20:45

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us