By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

SIG Kadet LT-40 Build - My first proper build!

Warts and all build by a beginner - I don't know how this is going to turn out!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nu Me 124/07/2019 07:56:10
51 forum posts

Morning all,

David - thank you for the information, and my leisure task of the day is to research the models mentioned.

Nigel - I was on the verge of abandoning the thread last night - not the build, just the thread - it is not what I intended it to be so, after a nights rest, I have decided to not continue with it.

All - thank you all for your comments, information and time. It has helped a lot.

Peter Miller24/07/2019 08:23:07
10016 forum posts
1185 photos
10 articles

Nu Me don't abandon your thread. It is valuable to your building. Sure you can build from the kit instructions but on the thread you can get all sorts of opinions, some you may want to apply and some you will rightly ignore.

Very occasionally two other posters will disagree and have an arguement, this is unfortunate but you can skip their private discussion and possibly (I have never done it) click on "ignore member" althoughI don't know what that does.

The main point is that this is YOUR thread so just keep it up. You will get honest help, advice and opinions. Just ignore the petty squabbles that don't apply to the subject matter.

Peter Miller24/07/2019 08:28:01
10016 forum posts
1185 photos
10 articles

As to your desire to build that P47. Well as has been said, it will be a real challenge and you will need an awful lot of flying experience to fly it safely how ever just to give you inspiration below is a picture of a large controlline Bristol Brittania.

This was built back in the 50s, it was a contrcol line model. It was the builders first ever modal that he had ever built.

Picture taken at the 1956 RAF Championships

britania.jpg

McG 696924/07/2019 08:40:09
2504 forum posts
976 photos

I totally agree with Peter's comment above.

Also with Nigel's & David's earlier posts.

Nu Me > have another night's rest if needed, but please reconsider abandoning your thread for the evident reasons Peter explained. You will be grateful later on...

Percy > regarding 'apologies', IMHO, you're the one who should present some to Nu Me for converting his build thread into an 'open battlefield'... Requesting some modifications of the CoC also tells a lot about your personality.

Cheers to all

Chris

Don Fry24/07/2019 08:54:01
3735 forum posts
42 photos

Gentlemen, can I apologise to all of you if my actions have spoiled a perfectly good, and informative thread.

Nu Me, I would not take much notice of a pair of grumpy old gits. Carry on.

paul d24/07/2019 09:00:50
34 forum posts
3 photos

Very good of you Don, I've been enjoying this thread, be a shame to see it die.

Pete B - Moderator24/07/2019 09:43:17
7562 forum posts
732 photos

I've removed a number of off-topic posts from the thread. If any of you have any differences of opinion, deal with them, privately rather than use any handy thread as a boxing ring. It's rather rude, to say the leastface 5

Nu Me 1, I'll apologise on behalf of the mods for letting this interfere with a useful, informative build thread. We will keep an eye on things. I'm sure the majority of viewers would prefer that you continue to share the build as you're getting good advice herethumbs up

Pete

David Davis24/07/2019 10:27:33
3349 forum posts
580 photos

Nu Me 1 may I add my voice to all who have asked you to continue the thread. Not only will you be helped by the advice of experienced aeromodellers, even though sometimes it's conflicting advice, but you may also help other novices who have not yet built a model aircraft.

GrumpyGnome24/07/2019 12:33:11
503 forum posts
145 photos

Hi Nu Me 1

Totally agree with all those who are asking you to continue. I know that sometimes threads degenerate (often very quickly!) but you may pick up a gem or 2 that helps you; I'm sure that even those who have been building/flying for years often learn something.

GG

Piers Bowlan25/07/2019 09:25:28
1804 forum posts
44 photos
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 24/07/2019 09:43:17:

+1 yes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us