By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Pushrod Transfer Links

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
conrad taggart19/07/2019 14:01:14
71 forum posts

I recently bought a Wot4, built some 12 years ago but never flown, to learn to fly with (been using electric up to now) and it came with these linkages that link the push rod to the elevator and rudder

**LINK**

Is there anything that I could use as a direct replacement which is a bit stronger or an indirect replacement that would require minimal rework (I am not a builder - yet)?

The current linkages are almost crumbling - could be age related - but don't think they were that great to start with - hence the questions.

Thanks Conrad

Martin McIntosh19/07/2019 14:25:25
2875 forum posts
1062 photos

Good God, what is that thing? Never seen one before. What is wrong with putting the servo on the opposite side of the model to the push rod exit, thus enabling a perfectly straight rod to be used? I cringe when I see doglegs of any sort on these. All of my current elevator rods are now hard balsa/hardwood/carbon depending on the model. Wood is the easiest since it is simple to bind a threaded rod to each end. You may require a slight bend in order to align with the horn.

RC Plane Flyer19/07/2019 14:39:58
618 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Conrad. Just replace them sounds like its degrade with age and UV . SLEC also sell them I use these regular on all my elevator rudders set ups that are difficult to get the push rod out at rear without the dreaded dog leg in push rod

Engine Doctor19/07/2019 14:42:51
2254 forum posts
24 photos

They are over complcating things and prone to failure .Straight rod or a snake work on the KISS principle .

RC Plane Flyer19/07/2019 14:49:03
618 forum posts
22 photos

Not wanting to get into long debate but it is a straight rod inside fusalage and straight rod on outside with simple clevis attachments. The inside rod does fit into fusalage via the cut out for the trans link unit easy

Martin McIntosh19/07/2019 15:00:33
2875 forum posts
1062 photos

Trouble is that every link can introduce slop or even worse friction, especially if they are quicklinks. I have not used one of these for years now and only fit friction free ball links to each end.

John Lee19/07/2019 16:31:40
644 forum posts
47 photos

Takes me back a bit. MK models of Japan used to do ball raced high quality transfer arms, but they were niche products and disappeared when quality small servos that could be placed anywhere in the model became the norm. I've still got this one in my bits draw from an F3A model:

unadjustednonraw_thumb_f5f.jpg

Edited By John Lee on 19/07/2019 16:32:06

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us