Forum sponsored by CML

Birthday discount from HK?...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Foxfan22/07/2019 11:20:12
659 forum posts
4 photos

Hi all,

as it's my birthday today, I got a $10 discount code from HK.

But how do I get it in the UK? I need some props and savers and a new battery, so can certainly use it.

Martin

John Lee22/07/2019 11:27:52
643 forum posts
47 photos

When you go to checkout there is a box for you to insert it. Best of luck - mine did not work.

simon barr22/07/2019 12:05:13
1032 forum posts
16 photos

You two are lucky, I've never had a discount code for my birthday!

Steve Colman22/07/2019 13:40:43
719 forum posts
417 photos

I received one too back in May. Like John Lee, mine didn't work either!

Foxfan22/07/2019 13:57:08
659 forum posts
4 photos

Oh well, I just wondered how they convert $ to £ at the British warehouse.

Martin

John Lee22/07/2019 17:39:10
643 forum posts
47 photos

From the T&C's:

HobbyKing sells product in USD only. Any foreign currency exchange rates on HobbyKing.com that are not USD are indicative only (you WILL be charged in USD regardless of the warehouse that you purchase from). HobbyKing.com provides the exchange rate tool as a guide only. During the checkout process, HobbyKing.com will pass the price in USD to PayPal whom will do the exact currency exchange for you according to PayPal's currency exchange rates. The customer will then have the opportunity to accept or reject PayPal's currency exchange rate. HobbyKing.com is not liable for the relationship between the customer and PayPal.

I always pay with my Halifax Clarity Credit Card which works out about 3%-5% cheaper than using PayPal.

simon barr22/07/2019 18:00:33
1032 forum posts
16 photos

Hah, just today received a lipo that I ordered the other day, and a discount code is included in the box!

Aren't I a lucky boy!

michael kuss22/07/2019 18:35:25
10 forum posts

Mine worked here in Oz and I could also use a discount code they sent me in a email . So I use two discount codes in the one order . I bought some covering and it ended up with free shipping and $ off the order . I was quite proud of that effort . A flying buddy once got a $10 voucher because he hadn't shopped there for awhile . I never saw that before . cheers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us