Forum sponsored by CML

Multiplex Vario/Altimeter vs UniSens-E

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mastercrashman05/08/2019 10:53:01
60 forum posts
5 photos

Has anyone used both.

Which do you prefer for simplicity and ease of use.

I have a Cockpit SX9 and would like to install a vario/altimeter in my MPX Easy Glider

Frank Skilbeck05/08/2019 11:03:55
4489 forum posts
101 photos

Yep, used both, and the SM Modelbau GPS logger, aerobtec Altis GPS unit, and home made Arduino vario,

The MPX and Unisens are both very easy to use (on M-Link), the MPX vario comes configured for M Link operation so is just plug and play but is easily changed on the MPX launcher program (using the MPX USB adapter). The Unisens you would have to hook up a PC, either with their com cable or a MPX USB adapter, to set to M-Link and adjust the settings, very easy to do, but the software is all in German so you'll need to download the English manual and work your way through it.

I use the Unisens E in my electric gliders so I not only have vario but can monitor the flight battery too and the MPX vario in pure gliders. My mate has a Cockpit Sx 9 and uses some of my homemade arduino varios in his gliders.

Capt Kremen05/08/2019 13:33:15
300 forum posts
83 photos

+1 For the Unisens.

Can't see the point of daisy chaining multiple (expensive?) MPX telemetry units when the Unisens does most if not all at the 'tick box' selection on set up. Very small unit too. Also can work with other radio systems if you stray from MPX!

Edited By Capt Kremen on 05/08/2019 13:33:54

Mastercrashman05/08/2019 20:27:47
60 forum posts
5 photos

Thank you both for the information

Frank Skilbeck06/08/2019 10:14:12
4489 forum posts
101 photos

Any problems/advice with either, come back or PM me and I'll see if I can assist.

Mastercrashman07/08/2019 00:02:03
60 forum posts
5 photos

Thanks, will do

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us