Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

1/8 scale AB Models PSS MB326 Impala

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Monz11/08/2019 17:14:21
545 forum posts
26 photos

Next up as a quickie will be this 1/8th scale kit from AB Models. Kit comes with a glass and CF fus, tip tanks, belly pan, canopy and cockpit base. The wings are foam core with Obechi skins, spruce LE and live hinged flaps and ailerons with built in gap seals. How cool are these!

I'll be doing the all silver trainer scheme as below.

Monz18/08/2019 20:08:36
545 forum posts
26 photos

The wings have been joined and glassed, tip tanks glued on and I made some air intakes from 6mm depron laminated together and sanded to shape.

Also spent some time sanding the seams on the fus joint down and sanding the stab balsa to shape.

There is a pre cut slot in the fus for the stab which once in is square to the fin, but once the fus is on the wing its out of square. Turns out the one wing seat is 2mm less than the other, so a quick bit of balsa filled in and now everything is square. Well, almost, now the canopy base and front fus is out, but I can live with that as they're not really visual. I'd rather have square wings!

The stab has been glued in, the elevators next, and then the wing. A shot of it together shows a nice little Imp in the making.

Hope to get primer and silver on it during the week.

Martyn K19/08/2019 09:37:05
4868 forum posts
3538 photos

Looks great. Watching

Monz31/08/2019 23:16:15
545 forum posts
26 photos

Another one almost ready for the Orme. Will get the last of the details done and radio in tomorrow. The thread heading is incorrect, it's actually a 1/10 scale kit, not 1/8.

Phil Cooke01/09/2019 09:35:24
2245 forum posts
1532 photos

Very nice Monz, a great looking PSS model and a quick build too! Impressive!! Look forward to seeing it on the Orme next weekend!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us