Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Phil's F-86 Sabre build thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Phil Cooke11/08/2019 19:28:43
2269 forum posts
1544 photos

With the project launched 1st August when the G&M Models plans and short kit went on general sale, it's been great to see so much interest in the Sabre with folk already setting up build blogs and 'claiming' colour schemes - even though building isn't formally meant to begin until 1st November!

After some lengthy deliberation, I've taken the plunge and have finalised a choice of scheme for my take on this famous fighter - the distinctive Yellow and Blue stripes of 'Team Sabre' from the Yugoslavian Air Force - who I think flew 5 x F-86 during their short existence as a display team.

There's not many photos of the real examples on the net, but it seems quite a popular choice with the plastic modellers, and indeed the flight sim community too!

3-view from a plastic kit...

team sabre 3 view copy.jpg

A screen shot from a modern day PC based simulator...

team sabre simulated.jpg

Martin Gay12/08/2019 09:50:55
223 forum posts
222 photos

Very nice, Phil.

I didn't see that scheme when I went looking for something for the Gamma build! I think even I would be able to see that model. cool

By the way your kit is awaiting delivery to the Great Orme next month

Martin

Alan Gorham_12/08/2019 11:56:03
1026 forum posts
123 photos

Love this jazzy scheme!

Martin Gay12/08/2019 12:51:42
223 forum posts
222 photos

With a bit of luck we might not have very many duplicated colour schemes for the next Mass Build Event!

McG 696908/11/2019 23:51:03
2644 forum posts
997 photos

Hi Phil,

We are about a week on our way with the MB 2020 now.

I'm looking forward to pinch as many as possible build tricks to avoid all the possible 'gotchas'...

Did you start your Yugo example yet?

Cheers

Chris

Phil Cooke09/11/2019 07:41:38
2269 forum posts
1544 photos

Hi McG - no I'm not quite able to make a start on my Sabre yet due to other work taking up the bench and my time, I should be underway in a couple of weeks.

Plenty of time for this one with us not flying until mid June - our biggest build window yet at over 7 months - but I am conscious I'll be one of the last to start! That said I'm sure my build won't raise any issues not already admirably discribed and tackled in the threads up and running - those combined with Martin's Gamma build thread give us a rich reference guide!

Peter Garsden13/11/2019 11:47:00
1607 forum posts
1187 photos

What a fabulous scheme Mr Phil. So colourful and right up my street. As it is an aerobatic team plane, I might join you in building one of the same? Not decided yet. Easily done in film too if needed?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us