Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Cambrian ME109 Funfighter electric build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
martin collins 124/08/2019 19:44:17
178 forum posts
82 photos

Was going to use 15 min epoxy on the centre wing bandage but the instructions mention using PVA, i can see this would sand better and maybe soak into the bandage better, anyone used PVA or are you all Epoxy users for this job?

Stuart Z24/08/2019 20:45:23
372 forum posts

Hi

I use Epoxy. I suspect PVA but I like the solidity of Epoxy, and a slower setting one at that.

S

daniel handley29/08/2019 12:33:11
71 forum posts
18 photos

Hi martin.

Hows the build going any updates.

Cheers

Dan

Robert Parker29/08/2019 12:58:28
889 forum posts
1141 photos

Hi Martin,

Probably a bit late but I use PVA for wing bandages and have done so for many years without fail.

I built one of these back in the 90"s, covered in tissue and dope and sprayed with car paints and fuel proofed.

me109 (1280x864).jpg

Nigel R29/08/2019 13:27:56
2986 forum posts
472 photos

"Was going to use 15 min epoxy on the centre wing bandage but the instructions mention using PVA, i can see this would sand better and maybe soak into the bandage better, anyone used PVA "

I use vanilla PVA for wing bandages. Never a problem. Much cleaner & cheaper than epoxy. I don't use thick bandages actually, I use glass surface tissue / cloth, the really lightweight stuff, and do 3 layers - one wide, one medium, and one narrow. Credit card or similar is the weapon of choice to spread PVA over the bandage. Several coats after the cloth is on will fill the weave quite well. If you use multiple layers of thin cloth it does not need blending or sanding at the edge.

Only thing to remember with PVA is the water content, so do it somewhere warm where it will dry relatively quickly.

Edited By Nigel R on 29/08/2019 13:31:47

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us