Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

iNav with FrSky RXSR-FC OMNIBUSF4V6

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allan Bennett23/08/2019 12:19:21
1540 forum posts
39 photos

I recently bought two FrSky RXSR-FC OMNIBUSF4V6 combined receiver and flight controllers. They come with Betaflight installed, but I wanted to use one with iNav instead, because of its superior GPS capabilities.

Flashing iNav 2.2.1 was not a problem (using Configurator 2.2.1), nor was the initial setup and calibration. But when I moved down to the Receiver tab I got no response from transmitter inputs. The receiver was bound to my Taranis, and I had specified UART1 as its port, Receiver type as Serial-based receiver, and Serial-based receiver type as FPort.

After posting in a FrSky support page in another forum I got the following reply:-

Did you set the flight controller in iNAV CLI before? If not, please take a try to paste the code in iNAV CLI, and let's see if it's working for you.

serial 0 64 115200 57600 0 115200
set serialrx_provider = FPORT
set serialrx_halfduplex = ON
set serialrx_inverted = ON

and "save".

That has done the job for me, so I thought I'd post it here in case others have the same problem. The setup is not included in the documentation that comes with the unit, nor can I find it online and, to make matters worse, I see recommendations in other web pages that say that the correct iNav firmware for this unit is FIREWORKSV2 instead of OMNIBUSF4V6. That may have been true some time ago, but FrSky have confirmed that OMNIBUSF4V6 is the correct one now.

The first two CLI commands can be achieved using the Ports and Receiver setup tabs in iNav Configurator, but the final two lines must be input in the CLI.

Allan Bennett09/09/2019 10:34:02
1540 forum posts
39 photos

Subsequent to getting GPS working, I then found I was still getting a red Mag symbol in iNav Configurator. The solution was to solder two 3.3k ohm resistors, one from the SDA pad to the 3.3v pad on the board, and the other from the SLC pad to the 3.3v pad. With this particular board that's not too tricky, especially if one's using the 6-pin socket beneath the board for GPS and Magnetometer connection, for that leaves the pads free on the top side of the board. A couple of test flights yesterday confirmed that everything is now working.

I find it annoying that I have to make this modification to the board to make it work. Seems it's not just the FrSky version, as I've now read elsewhere of the need for these 'pullup resistors' on other boards.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us