Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Brian Winch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Erfolg28/08/2019 20:15:41
11431 forum posts
1220 photos

Only today i was reading in RCM&E, Brians section. It never passed through my mind that it was possible that his column would come to an end.

I am saddened, in a very similar manner to other contributors , the good Dr David, prior to him Peter Lowe.

In a more selfish vein, to areas that these guys and others coverered is old school, yet for many of us old ones, remain very relevant and are probably irreplaceable, that is being selfish.

I will miss their contributions. Very saddened.

Danny Fenton30/08/2019 12:56:58
9289 forum posts
4116 photos

Very sad news indeed, Part of RCM&E's fixtures and fittings, he will be sorely missed......

Nigel Banham24/09/2019 07:46:16
19 forum posts
4 photos

I only heard about Brian's death the other day. Very sad - as a dedicated "petrol head" I always went first to his column and on the occasions that I wrote to him he always responded helpfully.

A very hard act to follow - his depth of knowledge was impressive; and his humour and humanity always infectious.

R.I.P.Brian

Steve Ralph10/10/2019 02:02:21
15 forum posts

Brian passed on so much knowledge to so many. It would be a shame to lose it al.

What about collecting all of the better articles together in a booklet, or booklets. Like US mag RCM did with Clarence Lee , and for What it's worth articles.

Cuban810/10/2019 09:55:08
2809 forum posts
1 photos

Despite my reservations over the idea of 'Specials' that we've discussed elsewhere, a selection of Brian's musings about engines, engineering, the human condition and a multitude of other subjects would be very welcome.

Brian's style was often uniquely antipodean in tone and this made it all the more readable and entertaining. Quite irreplaceable and a 'one off', I wonder how that particular gap in the mag's content will be filled now? Important to make a good decision to carry on Brian's long standing work for us IC fanciers.

Philip Williams 214/10/2019 16:37:15
2 forum posts

I am profoundly saddened to have just found out yesterday that our valued friend Brian Winch has died. Like many of us I corresponded with Brian over the years and I too will miss his knowledge and humour, his help with sorting out my second hand SC FS 52 AR was invaluable. Just recently, June and July, I sent Brian some pictures of the 'special' engines seen at Shaun G's single channel event at Ponty, he was most enthusiastic about them but told me he was getting ready for some very long journeys indeed, 1100 Km for one of them - he seemed indestructible.

I can only sum Brian up simply as a 'Diamond Geezer' because for me he most certainly was. To bring some of his articles together into a special publication as a lasting tribute of a quite unique character - Engineer and Teacher - as suggested is surely the least we can do - how about it ?

Brian was, I felt , my friend and I will miss him.

ROY LIONE 121/10/2019 22:45:36
2 forum posts

He was a friend to thousands of modellers who never met him, he will be missed by all old oily hand across the pond

Malcolm Davis26/10/2019 22:30:40
5 forum posts

I was in Aus last week visiting my son and didn't know of this sad news until I returned to the UK.

Several times while there I had thought of Brian beavering away in his workshop just down the road in Sydney, not far from where I was. Sadly it seems he was'nt.

A very special bloke who appealed to and helped most of us.

Rest well Brian. You will be very much missed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us