Forum sponsored by CML

Southern Model Show 2019

Anyone else go?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Doc Marten08/09/2019 21:57:28
386 forum posts
4 photos

Model of the show for me was the Moki powered Yak, it ticked all the boxes.

Bill Reed09/09/2019 08:31:42
80 forum posts
2 photos

I went once after the move from hop farm and never since. With the lack of replies I wonder if others feel the same?

Ray Wood 409/09/2019 11:24:19
93 forum posts
10 photos

Hi guys,

Yes went on the Saturday thought it was very well run and enjoyed the show, the TJD boys with the big fighters I would say carry the show to a degree, many other star turns also featured, even saw some normal sport models flying which is a bit more down to earth aero modelling 😀

Really wish SLEC were there for the wood !

Regards Ray

Dom (Essential RC)09/09/2019 14:02:44
1031 forum posts
36 photos

I go to film the flying but didn't get passed all the other attractions until late in the afternoon. The big drone flying area and RC crawling were new this year? The boat pond had some really good commentary to go along with the warship and submarine demos. Tamiya Trucking were back and had more vehicles than last time. There was another tent with an oval for stock cars. Outdoors large RC racing as well. Then there was a small antique track with 2 stroke cars running around on rails that I liked a lot. Southern Show just seemed a lot bigger and more diverse this year.

Andy C09/09/2019 17:23:35
158 forum posts

I went on Saturday. As a model show I thought it was the best one yet from recent years. Great variety that can only help attract more attendees in coming years. Flying was also good although I would like to see more large scale non warbird planes flying.

Was disappointed to see very few balsa kits there and some notable absences from trade stands. Shame no SLEC, and also thought a Sarik stand would have been great with both and maybe others presenting/promoting kit building to the audience.

All in all though I'm pleased I went.

Rich too09/09/2019 18:11:02
3053 forum posts
1070 photos

Yes, i went on Sunday and had a great day. It was our third trip there but not been for a couple of years. I thought it was the best one. I think the good weather helped. I’ll be going again. yes

ps the oval car racing was brilliant. Those cars can take some abuse!

pps and I picked up two brand new  Rotoflow fuel tanks for £10 each! One was 40oz for my Sbach, and the other 14 oz. 

Edited By Rich too on 09/09/2019 18:16:59

John Privett09/09/2019 20:49:42
5988 forum posts
239 photos
Posted by Bill Reed on 09/09/2019 08:31:42:

I went once after the move from hop farm and never since. With the lack of replies I wonder if others feel the same?

I went twice after the move from the Hop Farm, but the weather was poor on both occasions.

Having been to probably all but one of the Hop Farm shows they always seemed to manage to get good weather for that. And I attended the 2010(?) Hop Farm show as a helper for one of the display teams, so that plus the weather meant the Hop Farm was going to be a tough act to follow.

That meant the poor weather at Headcorn didn't exactly help my impression of the 'new' show. To be honest I'd forgotten it was even on last weekend (and it's a fairly local show for me) until a few club members on Sunday mentioned that they'd been on Saturday. They all enjoyed it, so I reckon I need to make an effort and get along there next year!

julian09/09/2019 22:26:02
92 forum posts
1 photos

I went on Saturday with my sons. Even though I've more or less given up the hobby now I still like to keep an eye on what's happening. I went home and then came back with the wife for the evening flying and fireworks which were excellent.

The renegade team with the Crescent Bullet models were very good as was the Moki powered Yak.

The guys doing the commentary made a few references to the forthcoming registration including the costs involved which I thought was a positive

I think that it was an improvement on recent years.

Doc Marten10/09/2019 16:56:01
386 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by Rich too on 09/09/2019 18:11:02:

pps and I picked up two brand new Rotoflow fuel tanks for £10 each! One was 40oz for my Sbach, and the other 14 oz.

Edited By Rich too on 09/09/2019 18:16:59

I saw those, they are quite intriguing, what are the benefits over a clunk tank.

The same stand was selling Excel model blades for 99p a tube, the guy who sells the tools on the open air stand is always worth a look as is the second hand parts stall and the bring n buy. I even ventured over to the model boats to listen to the submarine talk.

Oh.....and a few gallons of Southern glow fuel.

Edited By Doc Marten on 10/09/2019 16:57:07

Rich too11/09/2019 04:54:34
3053 forum posts
1070 photos

They require no assembly and are a fit and forget item. Some petrol flyers strip down there tanks each season to check the fuel lines!

**LINK**

Jason Channing11/09/2019 08:24:53
96 forum posts

H i Rich, I had one of these tanks and their not fit and forget as the seals tend to leak, not designed for use with ethanol and they go hard quite quickly then start leaking causing more problems than a conventional tank.

Wilco Wingco17/11/2019 22:09:01
178 forum posts
3 photos

Just had a great day at Southern Swap Meet. Lots of bargains and lots of tat. Be alert for the good deals, Acro Wot with servos and Irvine 61, £ 45. Loads of other good deals. Will make it a regular trip.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us