Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Club Mower.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Don Fry19/09/2019 09:48:29
3910 forum posts
42 photos

Gangster, cheers, the tears have now stopped. As I get older, as a semi retired sex God, my mind tends to rest on the cerebral side of the universe.

Anyway, it's all displacement activity, as I await the the important activities starting soon in Japan.

Edited By Don Fry on 19/09/2019 09:51:50

gangster19/09/2019 11:01:07
955 forum posts
17 photos

Good man Don. You will survive whatever the world brings

gangster19/09/2019 11:11:14
955 forum posts
17 photos

The same guy that wanted some new protective clothing. For some reason he was at odds with the boss and the awkward boss would not get him any. After a lot of badgering the boss sent him a pox doctors white coat which was no use to him. My mate got a bottle of red ink and made it look like it had been worn by a disastrous surgeon. He wire it to a team meeting but unfortunately our meeting had been moved to the board room and not the conference room. So wearing this coat he stumbled into a serious meeting of a lot of very senior managers. Sorry to the op if we have hijacked the post but I guess it can be brought back in line easily. I will try to find the picture of me using an Allen scythe with my coat trailing behind me

Plummet19/09/2019 17:53:10
1394 forum posts
41 photos

We had one of them when I was a kid. A great bit of kit.

A word of warning - the castings that hold the blades can be brittle. Ours broke when it collided with a large stone hidden by long grass.

Plummet

Old Geezer19/09/2019 23:51:50
611 forum posts

Sad to see the passing of these old machines, they disappeared quite rapidly when some genius started recycling them as self-propelled 'squeegees' to push the byproducts of bovine digestion ( or slurry ) ( or poo for the initiated ) out of the collecting yards and the passages between cow cubicles. Still hard work, but 10 times easier and quicker than the manual alternative. In good order an Alan Scythe fetches good money when they (rarely) come up for auction - and definitely won't be mutilated - it'll get TLC to the point of looking almost factory new and only brought out to be proudly exhibited at agricultural shows alongside the standing engines and the vintage tractors. 

Edited By Old Geezer on 20/09/2019 05:35:17

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us