Forum sponsored by CML

Thank You SLEC great service!

SLEC are great!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Flyer20/09/2019 16:41:25
1075 forum posts
208 photos

Hi chaps just wanted to give a Thank You and big thumbs up to SLEC.

I’m building their very nice 80in Chipmunk kit and found that the balsa leading edge strips were slightly incorrect width. While it wasn’t a disaster it was a bit of a pain as l didn't have any similar stock to replace them with and didn’t want to join two bits.

Anyway one call to SLEC and they couldn’t be more helpful. The next morning they sent the correct size pieces plus one spare 😊👍.

I really like this firm . They are really helpful plus they support many shows etc .

Foxfan20/09/2019 17:09:20
836 forum posts
6 photos

Great company. I'm lucky in that they are, but a pleasant toodle from me and after shopping there I can call at the excellent burger van on the corner, for lunch and have a nose round the company that build and restore GT40s and Cobras, next door.

Martin

Ken Lighten20/09/2019 20:13:23
248 forum posts
42 photos

I shall have to look out for that next time I visit SLEC Martin!

Foxfan20/09/2019 20:18:56
836 forum posts
6 photos

I've been several times over the years, but never noticed the cars before. Probably kit cars/replicas, but still nice to look at, apart from the Porsches<G>

Martin

Craig Carr20/09/2019 20:50:14
674 forum posts
430 photos

Fully agree. They can’t be more helpful and have similarly had corrected kits parts FOC without quibble

spot on traditional company with second to none customer service

Craig

Chris Walby21/09/2019 07:20:12
997 forum posts
236 photos

I would like to relate my recent experiences with sorting out a wood pack, canopy and materials.

• Email correspondence was excellent with fast and knowledgeable replies
  • Very useful discussions with Chris regarding drawings, rescaling and wood selection
  • Having never made a canopy plug, supply of wood, advice and phone help. Finishing touches by Roy

Its worth the hour and twenty minute drive to see them and get things sorted. For example my canopy plug was dropped off last Friday, the first canopy for approval arrived Monday. A couple of additions by me and the finished article arrived on Thursday. Wow

And Inwoods is on the way back...

ken anderson.21/09/2019 11:05:06
8452 forum posts
773 photos

same here ...3 cheers for SLEC

ken anderson...ne..1...3 cheers dept,

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us