Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Found in a field!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SIMON CRAGG03/10/2019 18:52:25
474 forum posts
15 photos

img_1247.jpgimg_1244.jpgOut for my morning jog today, and found this in a field nearby. img_1243.jpg

Colin Carpenter03/10/2019 19:07:20
565 forum posts
35 photos

Reminds me of earlier in the year when we heard a Chinook approaching us from behind and much louder then normal . It soon arrived literally at treetop height , sounding a bit rough , and loosing height ! We all expected the worst but it seemed to pull up and dropped several fields away ! No explosion and nothing in the news so I guess all was well ! We were concerned though as all the swear words showed 😫😫😫 Colin

Martin Fraser03/10/2019 19:31:40
40 forum posts
22 photos

Oho! Looks like a RN Merlin HC 4 with intermediate gear box trouble.

Tom Sharp 203/10/2019 20:06:13
3545 forum posts
18 photos

Not to be outdone, I found this in my field one day. Attending an RTA but not needed.

airamb.jpg

J D 803/10/2019 21:26:46
1306 forum posts
78 photos

Some years ago came across a Westland Gazelle that looked rather tat having flown into some powerlines, crew were ok.

paul d04/10/2019 08:14:06
69 forum posts
5 photos

Ha! I can beat those, years ago I was flying a motor glider in a big field local to me when my wife walked over to me and said "there's a elephant behind you", "yeh right" says I, glanced over my shoulder and nearly passed out, 20 feet away was a fully grown nelly complete with handler. Turned out there was a circus in town and the elephant was being taken for her morning stroll.

Peter Miller04/10/2019 08:44:11
10246 forum posts
1225 photos
10 articles

Many years ago the Lynx helicopters from Wattisham used to land in the field in front of the house.I must see if I can find the print.

This Apache was hovering over the box (The little white shape directly under it) on our flying field a while ago. This was shot from my bedroom window on a very long lens

helicopter+012.jpg

John Privett04/10/2019 20:29:24
5970 forum posts
238 photos

I fly on Epsom Downs and the day after the Derby can be "interesting". These days the clean-up team are pretty quick and most things are cleared up before we start flying at noon. Get there early in the morning though and it's amazing the stuff people leave behind - gazebos, sofas, even old freezers!

But a year or two ago we turned up to find this parked right in line with our runway;

downsheli1.jpg

downsheli2.jpg

Apparently a technical failure had grounded it on Derby day and itr was a couple of days before it was taken away...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us