Forum sponsored by CML

Sound module

Sound module

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Cooper 611/10/2019 13:27:15
7 forum posts

I have just purchased a bucker jungmann

a dave platt 1/4 scale parts kit but when built want to put an electric motor in with a sound module would anyone recommend a good sound module that won’t break the bank

Denis Watkins11/10/2019 17:41:55
4080 forum posts
77 photos

I think no one has replied yet Mark, as suitable sound systems do break the bank

The lower priced units tend to get drowned out by the motor

And cannot be heard other than over a short distance

All good reasons to make one

Edited By Denis Watkins on 11/10/2019 17:48:58

Alan Gorham_11/10/2019 18:09:52
1153 forum posts
133 photos

I thought Platt had only designed a Jungmeister with a radial engine? That might be important when it comes to selecting your sound module - engine sound file choices.

Like many things in life it's not always possible to have good and cheap, but if you are budgetting to buy all the wood, wire, wheels, covering, paint, R/C gear. motor, ESC and Lipos to build this model, maybe you can budget a good sound module in as well? The hardest components in a sound system to fit in the model are the speakers and the system that I have experience with lets you buy them separately and cheap. Therefore while you are building the model over the course of a few months, you can be saving up for the sound system but build in mountings for as many speakers as your system uses.

I have used Benedini systems in three models and would unfailingly recommend them.

Benedini Sound

If you fit a cheap system or one with a too poor audio output, you will never hear the sound when the model is in the air...

PeterF11/10/2019 18:41:36
472 forum posts
661 photos

Likewise I have just put a Benedini system in my quarter scale Tiger Moth, not cheap but gives a good well carrying sound when cruising around at half throttle.

rcaddict11/10/2019 19:09:08
522 forum posts
2 photos

i thought electric flight was meant to be quiet cheeky

Alan Gorham_11/10/2019 19:32:56
1153 forum posts
133 photos

It can be anything you want it to be. Some people simply regard it as a power source to fly their scale models and if a sound system helps the scale effect....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us