Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

CX2 probs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kevin Davies 207/12/2008 10:11:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
hi guys my cx2 is giving me problems it takes off goes out of control tilts to the side and crashes. it also spins around clockwise. i have put 4 new blades, new outer shaft, new lwr. rotor head, new inner shaft, everything is tight. iv changed the motors from extreme to standard and its the same. could it be the gyro, its driving me mad. suggestions please. Kevin
Ralph Yeates07/12/2008 10:26:00
218 forum posts
18 photos

Kevin need a bit more in fo such has it always done this from the box?
has it just started doing it?
is the result of a crash or modification.
can you confirm the gyro is set up correctly and what make of Gyro is it.
will help if I can.

Regards Ralph

simon barr07/12/2008 10:43:00
1062 forum posts
16 photos

Hello Kevin,

As Ralph says, more info would help.  The spinning could be the Proportional pot needing adjustment, and the tilting to the side could mean that you need to adjust the servo push-rod.  I take it that you have the trims right across to one side already to try to make it fly straight?

Simon. 

Kevin Davies 207/12/2008 11:52:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
thanks guys this has only happened since its not been used for 2 weeks its not been crashed, the gyro is standard cx2 it was perfect when i flew it last. i have the trims all centered but adjusting them makes no difference, the servos are both level swash likewise, im at a loss. Kevin
simon barr07/12/2008 11:56:00
1062 forum posts
16 photos
Just a thought, Kevin, check that there is nothing wrapped around the rotor shafts or the gear wheels underneath, like dog hair, fluff etc.
Kevin Davies 207/12/2008 12:03:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
hi Simon brand new gear inner and outer shafts! Kevin
simon barr07/12/2008 12:38:00
1062 forum posts
16 photos
Mmm....don't know.  Do you have anyone local who could have a look at it for you?  Someone else may just see something you have missed, and its never easy diagnosing problems long distance. Sorry, all out of ideas at the moment, maybe someone else will come up with something and if I think of anything else....
Eric Bray07/12/2008 17:34:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos
As you appear to have changed the gear and shafts, perhaps there is a bit of friction in there now, that wasn't before. Or maybe the shafts are a thou longer or shorter than before. Or maybe the new gear is pressing tighter on the motor pinion, thus causing the motor to run a little slower, or slacker and is slipping.
Kevin Davies 207/12/2008 18:00:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
right guys i have stopped it tilting and crashing the new outer shaft was slightly bent, its still spinning round clockwise so ive still got to sort this out but its flyable im going to fit another inner shaft tomorrow so fingers crossed. thanks for all your ideas. nice to know im not alone. there is a club nearby but only onreheli. pilot and if you havnt got a t-rex hes not that amenable. Thanks again Kevin
Gemma Jane07/12/2008 18:55:00
1349 forum posts
53 photos
Hi Kevin, Hope I can explain this well enough. Check that the rotor hubs are actually fixed to their shafts and not slipping, carefully with the battery removed put a small screwdriver gently through the two main gears underneath to lock them. Then gently see if the rotor hubs are slipping. If the lower rotor hub slips it is usually that the upper screws have missed the locating holes in the outer shaft, loosen the screws and see if you can lock it properly. If the upper blades slip it is usually the little collar at the very bottom, make sure the screws are against the flats on the end of the inner shaft. That is what usually cures my CX2 when it has that problem. If all that is good all that is left is to adjust the proportion control, move it just a little at a time.
Kevin Davies 207/12/2008 19:02:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
thanks Gemma yeah i actually fitted a new rotor lower head with loctite on the screws as this happened before but its still spinning. as i said its flyable but a bit mad. so ill change the inner shaft tomorrow and see what happens. if that doesnt work ill swop the gyro off my other cx2. i wont be beaten by a load of chinese plastic and metal. Kevin
Allan Bowker08/12/2008 11:37:00
1641 forum posts
228 photos

Kevin

Triple check that you have the right blades on (upper & lower are different)

I once managed (god knows how) to put uppers on the lower and visa versa.

This resulted in a VERY wild flight. It's easy to miss. 

Kevin Davies 208/12/2008 13:42:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
hi alan how did you manage that? with the ball links being a different size you must have struggled. saying that ill check anything you never know. ive changed the inner shaft this morning but its to windy to try it at the moment Kevin
Gemma Jane08/12/2008 14:10:00
1349 forum posts
53 photos
Good luck with the test flight Kevin
Kevin Davies 208/12/2008 18:44:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
thanks Gemma hoping for calm weather in S.Wales tomorrow. Kevin
Allan Bowker09/12/2008 00:29:00
1641 forum posts
228 photos
God knows how I did it Kevin, it was way kinda stupid.
Kevin Davies 219/12/2008 10:13:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
Hi guys cx2 fixed bought new lower gear and its o.k. now the old gear looks o.k. but it flys. going to try the gear on my other cx2 see what happens. Kevin
Allan Bowker19/12/2008 10:46:00
1641 forum posts
228 photos
Thanks for the update
Kevin Davies 219/12/2008 15:14:00
150 forum posts
1 photos
hi guys more news big crash lack of concentration talking and flying. smashed rear canopy. broken blade. broken landing skid, ho hum Kevin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!