Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

An offer I can't refuse?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Colman30/10/2019 19:36:41
744 forum posts
422 photos

I have been offered an Eflite Beast 60 E for 400 Euros from a fellow club member. The model is in pristine condition and has very few hours on it. It's fitted with the original Eflite motor and top quality servos throughout. In addition the seller has offered to throw in a spektrum Rx as a freebie.

The Beast has always been one of my favourite models and a few years ago I would have jumped at the opportunity to buy the example I'm being offered. More recently however, I've been gravitating towards F5J powered gliders and have a couple of top spec models to look at on Friday.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to, I can't spread my funds to cover all of my prospective purchases, a situation which I'm sure many of you reading this have been in too.

So, if there's anyone out there who can offer a few words to help me make a decision I'd be very grateful.

Steve.

Gary Manuel30/10/2019 19:46:56
2192 forum posts
1540 photos

Follow your heart.

john stones 130/10/2019 19:55:14
11178 forum posts
1507 photos

Get it bought. wink

Richard Wills 230/10/2019 22:12:32
194 forum posts
7 photos

Buy the one you are trying to find reasons why you shouldn't,

Ron Gray30/10/2019 22:27:19
1701 forum posts
474 photos

If you are gravitating towards F5J, then go that way, there’s something magical about 3m + powered thermal soarers.

Chris Walby30/10/2019 22:29:57
1116 forum posts
266 photos

How often do Beasts with this spec and price come up for sale?

How often to F5J powered gliders come up for sale?

The beast looks like a good deal and in 6 months time (or when every you have the funds) and quite hard to find a good one with a known history. If there are plenty F5J's about then once you have funds you can go looking.

Did that help?

Steve Colman31/10/2019 10:00:16
744 forum posts
422 photos

Thank you gents,

Chris, Yes, that did help! This comment from you really resonated with me; "How often do Beasts with this spec and price come up for sale?"

Many times in the past I've been indecisive and foregone a model I really liked as a result. So, this time it's going to be different. I'll be giving the Beast a good going over this weekend with the likely-hood of sealing the deal.

And, at a stretch, I will still have enough dosh left over to buy the cheaper of the two F5J models if that proves to be OK.

Thanks again everyone, I will report back the outcome.

Chris Walby31/10/2019 11:30:23
1116 forum posts
266 photos

Steve, Might not be what the F5J seller will want to hear, but take your remaining cash and let them know that's all you have....if you are not desperate to buy the seller will either have a queue of prospective buyers or he might just want to shift it for a quick sale.

Good luck and if all else fails you should come out of the weekend with one new model!

Steve Colman01/11/2019 15:43:43
744 forum posts
422 photos

I inspected the Beast this morning and all looks as expected, only suffering from a few areas of loose covering along the top surfaces of the wings and the bottom of the fuselage, but nothing a little heat won't cure. I didn't commit to buying today as doubts always remain in my mind on these occasions. However, I do know that it will be a good value for money buy and there will always be a ready market for it if I decided I didn't like it. So, I'm at 90% positive that I will go ahead over the weekend.

The F5J models were rather interesting. I got to fly one of the two and ended up buying the other. The one I flew was 2.5 m and the asking price was 500 euros. It flew very well but I was really looking for something bigger for F5J comps so I decided not to buy.

The second model? Not exactly perfect for F5J comps either, and at 2m even smaller than the first and close to 1 Kg to boot. However, it has a great pedigree that I just couldn't resist, and at only 200 euros with all electronics apart from a Rx + 4 lipo's, it was a bargain not to be missed. The model in question? Vladimir's Models Sprite Thermal E.

Edited By Steve Colman on 01/11/2019 15:44:37

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us